I lost my Anna ------- this is so sad.

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Teresa

Reaction score
Anna was named after the first mare that I lost due to foaling problems. Full name includes Anna Memory. Gary said that he found her in the field and the coyotes had torn her apart. He is not sure what happened...but I am wondering if hunters thought she was a deer. I am ANGRY and feel that someone has just torn me apart. I am soooooooo sad. I have 10 horses left in Arkansas...and I want them here in Houston with me. Anyone with ideas let me know. I am in Cypress and need some more acreage.

Here is my blessed Anna:

AnnaWEB.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi,

I am so sorry for your loss.
default_sad.png
Hunters should realize that horses are livestock, not deer.

Alyssa

I'm very sorry for your loss. I hope she didn't suffer.

Oh...........I am so sorry!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! God bless you all..........
default_no.gif

default_no.gif
Oh no Theresa, I am SOOOOOO very sorry for the loss of your sweet little Anna. My heart goes out to you. (((HUGS)))

Teresa, I am so sorry you lost your precious little Anna! Hugs to you.

Carol

Oh Tesesa! I'm SO very sorry you lost your Anna!
default_crybaby.gif

I send you prayers & {{{Hugs}}}

I am so very sorry to hear this! I hope you are able to get your horses with you soon. I know how you must feel.

Beth

OH NO! I am soo sorry. What a tragic thing to have happen. I am so glad to have my horses close to my house so hunters aren't a risk. If it was a hunter he(she) is a coward. To shoot someone's animal is bad enough but to leave it there without contacting anyone is just about as low as it gets. (((hugs)))

Oh no T! I am SO sorry. Surely you can find a place with more acreage down there? I wish we had room here...I'd hold them for you. There is 5 acres next to us that I would sure like to have but the price would be through the roof if it were for sale.

I'm so sorry about your little mare.

Charlotte

Oh Teresa....
default_sad.png

I am so very sorry to hear you lost your little Anna. I hope that you can, somehow, get the rest of them moved down there with you soon. Sending lots of love & prayers.

Is there no one there with the horses? We never let our horses run out anywhere during hunting season, because there are just too many idiots who either dont look before they shoot, or dont care what they shoot, and just want to shoot something.

Could she have died of something else? Hope it was not a dog attack?

I am so sorry for your loss- it must be tough not having them with you!! What a tragedy!

Teresa - sorry to hear of your loss of Anna. How tragic!

I hope your heart heals as soon as possible.

Tam

Also happening in Ontario Canada

Just wanted to add here, on the news last evening a farmer in Vanastra about 1 hour away from us.

Had his cattle attacked by coyotes and one was being eaten as he went to check out why his cattle where upset, we where told not to approach the coyotes because they will attack and go for the throat to kill. They usually go for deer, but the farmer said it is unusual for them to come so close to his home
default_new_shocked.gif
Please be carefull.

Last edited by a moderator:
I am very sorry for your loss and what a tragic thing to have to deal with, but you really shouldn't be so quick to "wonder" if hunters shot her. That is so unfair. You said coyotes had gotten to her and it is highly possible they killed her. They will be back for more. You should be grateful there are hunters out there that can attemp to keep the population of Cayotes, wild dogs and other carnivors down to a minimum. Lets hope the hunters get all the coyotes! I really do pray that hunters were not the reason. If you discover evidence to support they were, then I would be the first to say Press Charges!

Latest posts

Back