I have to tell everybody, I am so excited!!!!!

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MinisOutWest

Reaction score
It has been very difficult for me to be out looking for a new all around friend since Levi's death. I honestly considered getting out of minis if I could not find a new friend, but once I got to the World Show and Beau and Phantoms new owners came and picked them up, I was horseless!! So, I went all over looking at the ones I inquired about earlier and some were nice, some were ok, and some not-so-OK. (Amazing what pictures do for a horse, they look like movie stars, but in person, I was very disappointed). So around and around I went looking. Then ALL OF A SUDDEN- I found him- I went up to the owner and asked if he was for sale. They laughed at me. I was puzzled. Then they said he was a SHE !!!! UGH, I thought I had finally found a horse. But it wasn't meant to be. Well, a couple days went by and there was the hardest working lady in my isle, she had like 6-8+ horses all by herself and she just worked her tail off and always looked great, like she never lifted a finger, but I saw that wasn't true. She would bring all of her horses out and tie them up and then clean their stalls, I never even 'looked' at who she had tied up. But one afternoon, while all her horses were tied up, I SAW HIM. He just stood out from the rest and I fell in love immediately. I asked her and YES he was for sale, she just decided to offer him now. I listened to what he had done in the past, halter, halter, halter... WHAT??? this gorgeous horse has never been shown in anything but Halter? He is amazing and I was amazed, so I asked if I could take him out and mess with him. She said it was OK and I was hooked instantly. It took me about 4 minutes and I had him side passing both ways like a pro. This horse was a sponge, we started working over cavelettis, showmanship; anything I could think of I tried, then when I took him back, she tells me he is broke to drive too!!!! WOW, so I went and harnessed him up, he was amazing, had some friends take the reins so I could see what he looked- WOW, he was COOL. I had to have him now. I was on a mission...... Well, here I am at World (14 hours from home), no horses, no cart (sold it), no trailer (sold it too) and trying to buy a horse!!! ha ha ha ha, what was I thinking, but I didn't care, I wanted him bad. Well, with a lot more running around, I found him a ride/ Thanks David!!/ and he is now at home in Colorado at 9000 ft. He lived in Florida all his life, so when I opened the barn door the next morning, instead of 75 degrees, it was 25 and there were no palm trees and the pink flamingos were missing too. He looked at me and he had an expression on his face like' Who missed the right turn ?' He just stood there staring at the mountains. It was so funny, but now he loves it. I have been practicing the all around events with him and drove him for the first time cause it warmed up enough. He did great, went around like an old pro. I love him so much and he loves it here too. Maybe finally I have found another best friend. He is amazing and I look forward to showing him next year so much. Thanks Kris !!!

oh and I cannot forget- A HUGE THANK YOU goes out to Breanne for letting me use Magic in Showmanship. He came thru like a true Champion.........

So here he is LITTLE KINGS DUKE DREAMER-

3M8O2462d.jpg
Me and Duke

073_045.jpg
Kris and Duke

3M8O1354.jpg
Me and Magic

Last edited by a moderator:
You are so lucky, Angela!!!! Duke is a GORGEOUS horse!!! And isn't Kris just one of the nicest people?

I see lots of blues in your future..... Can't wait to see some driving pics!!!

Have fun with your new buddy!!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Congratulations on your beautiful boy. I'm sure he'll be a great friend and show horse, he is stunning!

I am so happy that you found each other! It sounds like he's as happy to be with you as you are to have him, and I know Levi's happy that Duki is there to take care of you.

Angela i was wondering when you would make the announcement. Duke is a such an AMAZING gelding and so sweet too! He has already acheived so much in halter and i look forward to seeing what he can do in performance classes with you. He should be a stunning driving horse. Congrats!

And congrats on your Reserve with Magic!

Aubrey

Woohoo Angela!! Congratulations now we will see showing all next year!

Hey, Angela, I'm so glad you found THE horse! I know how hard you were looking! Congratulations!!!!!

OH my gosh I love your enthusiasm, it's over the top!

Your horse is gorgeous and I wish you both the best of luck forever.

default_laugh.png
Well, to say you sound ecstatic would be a HUGE understatement!
default_yes.gif
MAJOR CONGRATULATIONS and may you and Duke enjoy MANY years of friendship together!!

[SIZE=10pt]Congratulations on your new boy![/SIZE]

I had the priviledge of spending time with Kris at the World show. She is amazing - and such a hard worker. Her horses all look like a million bucks - every one of them!

I saw your new boy in the AOTE class - he is just breathtaking!

Good luck with him :eek:)

Yay!!!!

That is such an awesome story. Sad you sold your stuff, but now you can start over and make new memories. Levi would be proud!!!!

Yay!!!! I know there is not a horse out there to replace Levi but I also know you have a huge heart and room enough in there for another special boy!!!
default_wub.png
I can't wait to see what you get done with this gorgeous little man, I am sure it will have been worth looking at so many horses and waiting for the right one to come along. Welcome home Duke!!!

Pammy

Congrats!! Yep there are lots of awesome minis here in Florida! You made a good choice
default_yes.gif

Congrats on your purchase of Duke - he is a beautiful boy.

As far as Kris goes - yes, she is one hard working lady. She foaled out a mare for me this year and each time I went up there she was out working her horses. Not to mention, she takes wonderful care of every horse on her farm.

Good luck and have fun with Duke.

Barbie

Congrats Angela!! He is a gorgeous horse and I wish you much luck with him at the shows!! Butttt..............you sold Beau!?!?!? :DOH! Please email me and let me know who his new mom is....
default_yes.gif

Congratulations! Duke was one of the ones that I circled in my program every time I saw him in the ring, he's beautiful!!

Congratulations!!!

I am so happy that you found your perfect horse
default_wub.png
After much searching it feels so fantastic to find that perfect one. Good luck to the both of you in the showring!!

Latest posts

Back