I got my first pony!

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pwest2u2

Reaction score
I had decided I want to get a pony to show, so I have been looking for something with lots of experiance and today I found her. She is 14yrs old bay, pinto, mare with lots of show experiance. She is half hackney and has lots of action naturally.

I need to figure out how long of shafts she will need! She is 47" and wears a 56" blanket if that mean anything.

I also need to buy her a harness. Where is a good place to find her one that will fit?

I didn't think that she would seem that much bigger than my minis but OH MY GOSH, she is a big girl, but so sweet.

Welcome to the pony world and Congratulations on choosing a half hackney. Hopefully the pony is registered ASPR?

If she is 47" tall I am thinking 74" shafts. But the person you should talk to is Mike Herron of Herron's tack. Mike has been working, training and showing ponies all his life.

Thanks so much for the welcome, I am so excited about findingher. Yes she is suppose to be ASPR registered. I bought her from trainer and the owner is sending me the papers. She has been being shown at the pinto shows and has been doing very well. She was everything I wanted in a pony but a little taller than I had planned. So I have nothing to fit her! Darn!! So will get a hold of the person you mentioned and see what he thinks.

Welcome to the pony world and Congratulations on choosing a half hackney. Hopefully the pony is registered ASPR?

If she is 47" tall I am thinking 74" shafts. But the person you should talk to is Mike Herron of Herron's tack. Mike has been working, training and showing ponies all his life.

Well you have a nice pony then!
default_aktion033.gif
I spoke to Mike Herron and told him you were looking for some help fitting. Just give him a holler, he's always happy to help out!

Back