I GOT IN!!!! I GOT IN!!!!

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Leeana

Reaction score
I have been on cloud nine all day :lol:

A couple weeks ago i sent in my application to ATI (Agricultural Tech Institute). Its a branch of Ohio State University, the agricultural branch in Wooster ohio. I started looking into it over the summer and then when there representative came in to talk with us i knew it was the college for me. It only has about 700 students so its like a high school and since everyone is from an agricultural background of FFA background, most of us have seen each other before or heard of each other through contests, state conventions ext.

Now before i tell you what course i am taking, i just want to say that there is NO way i could go to college for some business course and sit in class 5 days a week for 8hrs and be lectured about things i couldnt care less for, i would drop out after the first month lol. The only way i can go to college is if i am doing something i like doing. I will be taking Equine science, production and managment course. BUT before i take any flames for what course im taking i will also be taking my english, math and science classes as well, my major will be Equine. ATI has a rate of 99.5% of there students have a job IN THERE MAJOR within 4 months of graduation. One of there students who graduated last yr are now in Flordia making $16/hour starting rate on a big horse farm. I could go on and on about where there students are and what they have accomplished. This is the only course i could see myself actually sticking to for 2yrs.

Most of our time is spent hands on, i was told in the Equine course we will be in the classroom for the first week or so and then after that we will only be in the class for lectures ext. Next week im going to ATI to spend a day on campus and visit. I feel really good about this.

Today i got my acceptance letter, i nearly fainted. I sent $40 in w/ my application and now they want $125 to hold a dorm for me. Im about 2hrs from wooster so its way to far to and from each day lol. Including dorm my first yr is going to cost me $18,000. Im going for 2 years. My second year im also going to take a Agricultural Business class so my second year will cost $21,000. I didnt think i would ever go to college, especially not Ohio State LOL. I'm guessing they are going to keep taking money from me the rest of my senior year bc they have a Whole list of fees i must pay and by which day there due. I start next October so i can go to AMHR Nationals, that was one thing i was worried about lol. I still need to look into financial aid and some scholarships im elg for.

Im kind of excited to see there stable, i heard it was huge and there arena is beautiful.

ATI University

GO BUCKS!!!!
default_smile.png
:bgrin

Last edited by a moderator:
Congratulations Leeana! Im very proud of you!

Lyn :aktion033: :aktion033: :aktion033:

im so happy for you!!! woohoo!!!

remember there is a ton if govment grant money out there for college. Both of my girls qualified and got a lot of grant money that did not have to be paid back. BE SURE that you fill out the FASFA as soon as you can in January. This is what determines how much money you can get. But the ones who send it early get the most money because some of the grants once they are gone they are gone for the year. You can fill it outline but you have to have your parents tax return

Good for you, Leeana!!! It sounds to me like a well thought out and wise choice. The importance of loving what you are doing (or are going to do) for a living cannot be over rated!

thumbs-up2.gif

Thanks guys
default_wub.png
:

One reason i was a bit worried about leaving and going to college was because i didnt want to leave my horses behind and only see them on holidays and when i come home once a month or so. ATI is only about 2hrs away and i was told allot of students come home for weekends and the campus is dead Friday evening-Sunday night. Its just so much like a high school enviroment. Freshman can have cars on campus which is another thing i really liked. So i will still be able to come home for 2 days a week and its not to far of a driving distance but still lets me be out on my own.

I got the paperwork for FAFSA, im hoping i can get that in sometime next week. I also got a big list of scholarships for FFA students. I was going to look into ASPC and AMHR scholarships to bc i know they have them but i think im to old now.

Anyone want to loan Leeana a couple thouthand?? LOL :lol:

Congratulations!!! My husband works at OARDC which adjoins ATI. We live just south of Wooster and there are quite a few minis around the area. The town isn't real big but there are new restaurants and stores opening up all the time.

How exciting for you. College was so much fun.

kareng

CONGRATULATIONS!!!! :aktion033: :aktion033:

That is super... so happy for you and so glad you found a school to fit your needs. I'm am looking forward to hearing all about it over the next two years... and we will have to meet each other at Nationals this year!!

Suzy Hooper

Show Horse by Suzy

Fresno, CA

:aktion033: YEA! Congratulations! WOO HOO! I am estatic for you. You will have so much fun in college. The second year will fly by so quickly.

Fran

Leeanna you will get NO flames from anyone here, I can assure you.

Forty years or more ago I was in the place you are now, and I had no choice about what I was going to do, I was told by my parents - not that Equine Science existed in those days!!!

You do what makes you happy, you really only get to stand where you are now once in your life.

You have made a very good choice but remember college is open ended- go, graduate, work, learn and then, if needs be, go back, learn more, graduate again.

Never stop learning.

Well done!!

Congratulations!
default_smile.png

I'm so happy for you and look forward to hearing about your successes!

Liz M.

Awesome Leeana!!!!!!!! :aktion033: :aktion033: :aktion033: Way to Go!!!!!!!!!! :lol:

Thanks everyone

We're going next wensday to tour there campus and of course, there barns lol. I'll get pics of there barns and training facilities if i can.
default_smile.png

That is FANTASTIC, big congratulations!!! It sounds absolutely perfect for you!

Yay!!! :aktion033:

Big Congratulations an acceptance letter is soooo exciting Good For You, You Go Girl!!!!!!

Latest posts

Back