I Got a Car!

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Carly Rae

Reaction score
So this weekend has been awesome. Its my "Birthday weekend" also my dads. On Saturday night we had a huge party for my 16th and my Dad's 50th. I had a couple of friends and a lot of family over, I got some really nice gifts from everyone.

Then this morning (Sunday) was amazing. I was sitting on the floor in the lounge room with my 2 friends that stayed and mum gave me my present. I opened it and it was a phone! I have been wanting a new phone for ages now, all excited I opened the box to see a note saying "Just Kidding!" Then mum dragged me up and covered my eyes with an excited scream. Then we stopped at the railing of our back deck, I opened my eyes to see a car! It had a Happy Birthday Balloon tied to it. Beats a phone by miles!

To be honest I cried, I was over the moon. I seriously wasn't expecting it. In our family my parents always buy our very first car. My brother and sister only got a cheap car for their first car, mine is crazy for a first car! But since I got something huge for my 16th It wont be as big for my 21st, my siblings are the other way round.

Back to the car, Its a 2000 Suzuki Grand Vitara. I called it "Baby" Just my first impression was My Baby. But I am getting a sticker for it saying "Troopie in Training" My dream car is a Toyota Troop carrier. So now I just need to get a licence. In September we take a fishing holiday to Fraser Island, Guess who's coming! My car! and I get to drive it, on one condition that I have a job to pay fuel otherwise it stays home.

I have $250 to spend on it with birthday money. Shopping trip tomorrow!

My actual birthday is tomorrow (The 8th)
default_smile.png

I couldn't be more grateful of my parents
default_wub.png

2lvh18l.jpg

2rpwl4w.jpg

358qaeh.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Others have said it and I'll say it again...WOOOOOWWW!!! It is certainly in great condition to be 16 years old, it looks as young as you do! ROFL

What a wonderful, generous gift. Your parents must have tons of confidence and trust in you.

Have fun driving that standard tranny. You might want to take a few practice turns 'round the yards alone-just until you get past the "popping the clutch and causing mild whiplash" stage. ;-)

HAPPY HAPPY BIRTHDAY YOU CRA-CRA AUSSIE GIRL YOU!!! {{{Hug}}}

Others have said it and I'll say it again...WOOOOOWWW!!! It is certainly in great condition to be 16 years old, it looks as young as you do! ROFL

What a wonderful, generous gift. Your parents must have tons of confidence and trust in you.

Have fun driving that standard tranny. You might want to take a few practice turns 'round the yards alone-just until you get past the "popping the clutch and causing mild whiplash" stage. ;-)

HAPPY HAPPY BIRTHDAY YOU CRA-CRA AUSSIE GIRL YOU!!! {{{Hug}}}
I can drive a stick, but I'd have a heck of a time learning how to do it from the right side of the car, since US vehicles have the driver on the left.

Thanks everyone! You all brought a smile to my face
default_biggrin.png

I have more photos! I spoiled her today
default_smile.png
I spent about $150 on car seat covers, steering wheel cover, Window shield thingy, new wipers, new valve caps ect. I even got stickers put on it! My cousin is a tinter/sign writer. Oh and I got a tow ball cover, its a horse head! and A keying for my keys that is a bit
default_smile.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Here are my photos, Lacey seems to like it too
default_smile.png

Here are my stickers, everyone loves my "Troopy In Training" sticker haha,

And my initials under the mirrors on each side

es88rc.jpg

6862p2.jpg

It wouldn't let me post many photos at once as I am still having posting issues, but I am working around it.

My R.M Williams steering wheel cover and seat covers, the seat covers aren't actually designed for my car but I couldn't go without matching wheel cover and seats lol. I should have taken the seat photo when both covers were on, but oh well.

2mmwra1.jpg

15wzatv.jpg

Giminy Crickets!! I LOVE the new car as well and you sure "decked it out" nice!

Happy B-day again, Carly. Drive safe!!

Thanks Paula! I love it too
default_smile.png
Hopefully that birth certificate turns up soon, the day it turns up is the day I go for the test. Fingers crossed I pass! I will have all day tomorrow to study it anyway, caught the cold going around, Lucky cause I forgot to do my English homework lol.
default_smile.png

Latest posts

Back