I enjoy having coffee with hubby in the morning...

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Beccy

Reaction score
Randy and I always start our day with coffee, and I enjoy that quiet time before the kids are all up, but lately there is a lot of competition for Randy's attention!
default_rolleyes.gif
:

First Skye has to have her morning snuggle...

Randy_and_Skye_Nov3_06.jpg

Then the other Border Collie, Aberdeen (Abby) has her turn...

Randy_and_Aberdeen_Nov3_06.jpg

and Jade the Senegal parrot, who was supposed to be MY bird, but hates me and adores Randy, actually shares a wee bit of his coffee!

Randy_and_Jade_Nov3_06.jpg

Hmmm, is it Randy or is it the brand of coffee that is attracting them? :bgrin

LOL that is pretty funny - must be the coffee! :bgrin

What a great way to start off the day though

My hubby seems to be able to charm animals and children like no other too. They are just drawn to his energy I think. He has been adament that we will not have any more cats! Yet he called me yesterday to confess he's been feeding a neighborhood cat I'd mentioned has been hanging out in our garage on several occasions. The cat has a home and is collared but he thinks it needs food, and it's NOT thin. He just can't help himself and I imagine one of our neighbors will be pretty annoyed if they ever find out. My hubby is incorrigable and I'm now calling him the cat stealer.

The cat stealer! Shirley that is too funny. Some years ago when we still lived in the city, we found an old dilute calico sleeping under our porch every night one cold October. Certain she must be a stray, we brought her inside and she joined the family and was very happy. I did check with the local HS and watched for posters or ads in case she had been someone's lost pet, but we saw nothing. The following spring, she had gone out for her daily stroll, and I saw a lady had parked her car and was walking towards her.It turned out the cat had lived about a block away, they had had her from a kitten for 16 years, and the guy was a city police officer! :new_shocked: We thought oh dear, we stole a cop's cat! They took her home, but every chance she got,she came straight back to our house, till in the end, the poor lady, in tears, gave her to us. I felt just sick, but everyone was happy in the end, and even after we moved here to the farm, we kept in touch with them and let them know how Meg was doing.

I think it's Randy!
default_wub.png
:
default_yes.gif
:

What ever would the dogs do if they came for their morning snuggle and found YOU in his lap? Bite your ankles? LOL!!

I love the pics Bec! Thanks for the smile, you cat thief, you! :lol:

Oh Beccy too cute, I know what you mean, all my animals love dads attention, it sure tells you what a good heart Randy has. :bgrin

Thanks for sharing, my hubby always says. if I only knew, I was going to end up with all these animals.
default_wacko.png
:

He also wonders why I am not so excited when he comes home and greet him the way they do.
default_wub.png
:

I think it's Randy!
default_wub.png
:
default_yes.gif
:

What ever would the dogs do if they came for their morning snuggle and found YOU in his lap? Bite your ankles? LOL!!

I love the pics Bec! Thanks for the smile, you cat thief, you! :lol:
They would probably be highly insulted Robin!! :bgrin And yes it is Randy, well maybe for Jade it's the coffee :lol: :lol: Just kidding, she absolutely adores him...the hateful thing!
default_rolleyes.gif
:

Oh Beccy too cute, I know what you mean, all my animals love dads attention, it sure tells you what a good heart Randy has. :bgrin

Thanks for sharing, my hubby always says. if I only knew, I was going to end up with all these animals.
default_wacko.png
:

He also wonders why I am not so excited when he comes home and greet him the way they do.
default_wub.png
:
Yes he does have a good heart Mary
default_yes.gif
: And I have asked him more than once, if you knew all those years ago that we would have five kids and a zillion animals, would you have run like heck the other way? He has never replied yes to that yet!
default_smile.png

My husband is like that too. He was allergic to horses as a teenager but since we have been together he hasn't had a reaction. He hasn't ridden at all but he visits with the minis and likes to feel their soft muzzles on his face. Our new mini colt licks his face and he still does ok with that. All animals like him. He has a calmness about him. I think that's why. ...Beautiful parrot by the way..

Hee hee, It's Randy! Who can resist a guy w/a beard and loves animals, has a nice smile?

Cute pics!

Liz M.

Just look at Randy's eyes and you can see why the animals adore him -- he radiates kindness and warmth.

The looks in your two border collies' faces bring tears to my eyes..

Last edited by a moderator:
He definitely has a heart for all creatures. Here is one of him that I just love, it is several months ago with our preemie foal that we bottle raised. Randy was her favourite sleeping spot!
default_smile.png

I am going to have to talk to him about his favourite fuzzy warm green shirt though, looks from all these photos like the poor man only owns the one, I think it is in almost all the farm pics I have of him! :eek:

Doves%2024.jpg

Looks like you have go a great husband!!!
default_wub.png
:
default_wub.png
:
default_wub.png
: The thing with animals is, they do not pretend! They love him because he's good to them
default_yes.gif
:
default_yes.gif
:
default_yes.gif
:

Maybe its the shirt :risa_suelos: Just joking. Never noticed till you mentioned it. I know mine has his favorites and sometimes, I forget to wash it, he thinks.

Love the one with Dove and Randy, definitely send that one into the AMHR and AMHA just Love it.
default_wub.png
:

Last edited by a moderator:
What a sweet, dear man you have Beccy. That one of him and the foal just makes me happy. :bgrin

default_wub.png
: Those are so precious! He must be just like a big ole teddy bear!

Back