I didn't even know we HAD a shelter in town

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Steph_D

Reaction score
This was on yesterday's news. The city had tried to impeach our marshall (police chief) early this summer, but it didn't happen. He'd done things like arrest a teacher in the school parking lot for speeding (she's the fire chief's wife, it was a personal conflict between the marshall and fire department) and using city funds for personal use. Apparently he wanted the city workers to clean up the mess at the "shelter" before anyone found out, but word got around and now it's on the news. I think they're tired of hearing about our problems with our power-hungry city marshall. I guess the guy that was supposed to be feeding the dogs went on vacation. Don't know who was supposed to feed them while he was gone. It's just sad :no:

A special prosecutor in McDonald County looks to see if anyone is at fault for the deaths of two dogs at a Noel, Missouri animal shelter.

The manager of the city's waste water treatment plant says he found the dead animals at the shelter last week. The cages sit on the back side of the plant's property, and at the time housed only the two dogs.

Witness statements obtained by the McDonald County sheriff's office indicate the dogs had not been fed and watered since late last month.

KOAM contacted a number of people involved in the case, but no one would comment, citing an ongoing investigation.

The animal shelter is operated by the city marshal.

Last edited by a moderator:
Awww...this just breaks my heart!!!!!
default_sad.png
default_sad.png
default_sad.png

Oh how those poor animals must have suffered....it's been so horribly hot. I'm surprised they lasted so long with no water. Thank goodness there weren't more.

I just thought I'd update y'all on this. This past Friday, our city marshall and 2 of his deputies were each charged with 2 counts of misdemeanor animal cruelty. Not much, but at least it's not being swept under the rug like a lot of the things that he's done. They go to court on September 18th.

Here's the news story.

And on a funny note, one of our police cars was stolen last week by a drunk driver WEARING HANDCUFFS!! :new_shocked: Here's the story on that, picture included :lol: They got the car back, but the engine was burned out from the guy trying to get it out of the ditch :eek:

Latest posts

Back