I did it! Ear Stapling

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Camelotcavs

Reaction score
I lurk here a lot and post when I feel I have something to contribute. I recently learned (through my Mother-in-law) about ear stapling. I had never heard of it before then and searched the net for information. I wanted to try this because I have taken medications (both prescription and OTC) to lose weight and stop smoking and I am so tired of putting chemicals in my body that never seem to work. To make a long story short - my MIL and I just returned from North Carolina yesterday where we had our ears stapled on Saturday. My MIL is not a big smoker and was stapled for weight loss. I am a huge smoker and was stapled for weight loss and smoking.

After being stapled my MIL and I went out to eat (we hadn't eaten much that day out of nervousness). The first thing I did when we got in the car was light a cigarette because that is what I always do as a smoker. I did notice a slight metallic taste and did not finish the cigarette (deifinitely not the norm for me!). We went to Red Lobster and ordered our favorites. This is a meal we normally have no problem finishing. We were both surprised when we only finished half and realized we were full. Could we have eaten more? Absolutely, and we did feel bad leaving food on our plates, but we were full and left the remainder there. Normally after a meal, as a smoker, I light a cigarette which I did do - but once again I did NOT finish it.

I knew Sunday would be the big challenge for me because I hate to fly. And when I am nervous I tend to chain smoke. I had one cigarette before getting on the plane in NC which my MIL and I shared. We had a two hour lay over in Atlanta and if you have ever been in that airport you know that the designated smoking areas are few and far between. With my MIL in a wheelchair I could not just leave her for a half hour and smoke. I was surprised when I realized that I went from NC through the layover in Atlanta and then the flight to Flint without that " I've gotta have a cigarette" feeling. I did light one when we arrived in Flint but more out of habit than need and did not finish it.

My Husband is a big smoker also and even though he smoked around me all last night I only had three "hits" off his cigarette all night. He also ordered pizza last night (so I didn't have to cook) and I had two slices and was full, unlike my usual four to five slices.

This morning I reached for a cigarette, lit it, took two "hits" and put it out. I find that I am reaching for the cigarettes out of habit and do not really want them. I will not buy another pack after this one is gone, but I find having them available is an interesting test.

Will this really work? Who knows, but it seems to help so far. I have also noticed that my constant headaches have gone away. I know accupuncture has been around for thousands of years and this is based on accupuncture points so I can see where it can work.

I will post updates to let you know how it goes

Good luck! This is very interesting and I will be reading your posts regarding this.
default_smile.png

Liz M.

What does the stapling actually involve? What do they do to you? I've never heard of it, so would appreciate more info.

Glad it's working well for you so far!!! :aktion033:

I'm also going to be watching your progress. I don't need to lose a ton of weight, but 20-40 pounds wouldn't upset me. Did you just get one ear done, or both? How much did it cost? I've been searching sites and can't find a cost anywhere.

I need to loose a fair amount of weight (60lbs or so... *shudder*). I'm interested- I'll have to look up more info. Is there a "limit" to how much weight you need to loose before they'd do this (like there is for the lap bands and such?)

Charissa, I found this site and it was fairly helpful, especially the forum part. It doesn't look like there's a limit (minimum or maximum) with the weight. Acustaple

LOL i saw the topic and thought OMG how big were your ears that you needed them stapled back :new_shocked:

I never even heard of this for weight loss

can i just get my mouth stapled shut?? then i couldnt smoke or eat LOL

ok the big question is.. DOES IT HURT!?!? lol sounds very intresting. I know you can reduce pain by pinching certain parts of yoru ear. Like your head would be the bottom of the lobe where most people have their earrings. the ear is the shape of a featus and i guess if you pinch in corrolating area's works well.

I actually took the class and am now certified as an ear stapling practitioner - figured that since I flew all the way down there I may as well learn how to do it. (I didn't get stapled until after I finished the class because I was skeptical, but the training was extensive and I understand how it can work.) I will only offer this IF I get results over a period of time.

Here is some info:

What is Ear Stapling?

* Variation of Auriculotherapy- Auriculotherapy is the activation of pressure points in the ear that are

thought to correspond to organs in the body. This therapy is related to Acupuncture, Acupressure and Auricular Therapy. There are believed to be hundreds of trigger points in the outer ear, all corresponding to areas of our body.

* Tiny Surgical Staple- A sterile surgical staple, much smaller than a household staple, is placed in one of

these key positions in the middle cartilage of the ear, depending on which part of the body is being targeted. Usually, both ears are stapled at the same time for maximum effectiveness. The staples are thought to provide continuous stimulation to the targeted organs in the body.

* Sending a Message- The slight pressure from the staples releases endorphins and communicates with your brain. These two factors seem to work together to assist in curbing your appetite, creating distaste with

smoking products, and providing relief from the pain of migraines or discomfort of IBS and Acid Reflux. In addition, the staples create a sensation of thirst, the relief of which through drinking lots of water assists in

your desire to curb negative behaviors.

* The Basics- Usually both ears are stapled at the same time and only a slight pinch is experienced, similar to getting your ears pierced; staples can then stay in for up to 6 months, but usually within 12 weeks or so most people have either met their goals or have the procedure performed again to jumpstart continued success.

Boinky: Yes, it does hurt. Very similar to having your ears pierced with a gun.

KayKay: My MIL said that same thing about me!

Lisa: My Husband told one of his friends that I am now cuter since I had my huge ears stapled. I didn't know he had told him that and couldn't figure out why the friend kept looking at me funny.

Rainsong: There is no weight limit, but if you plateau they recommend removing the staples for about 4 days and then having them redone.

Steph: I actually have three staples, one in my right ear and two in my left ear. The price varies by practioner averaging between $65 - $82 for one staple in each ear (two staples total).

lvponies: I think the info above will answer your questions.

ok that doesnt' sound to pleasant..lol i thought it hurt having my ears peirced! i guess i just have super sensitive ears!!

Latest posts

Back