I am totally ignorant about these guys

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ChrystalPaths

Reaction score
I am in a world of hurt lately and things don't seem to be looking up anytime soon. It has been suggested to me that I try leaving my horses out more. I am not real comfortable doing so with my mares but I could do it with my young stallion. Unfortunately this would leave him alone and lonely not to mention vulnerable. Would a donkey as a companion/partner in crime protector be something to consider? Glow is a nice boy but all stallion and a gelding would hopefully be a good choice but I know nothing about these adorable long ears. Any thoughts and guidance is appreciated. AND not to tweek anyone but as many know money is an issue, I don't have much and what I do have goes mostly to my minis...that's just me. I do plan on selling 2 of my young fillies to cut back on my workload also. That will leave me with only 4.

Dimimore said:
I am in a world of hurt lately and things don't seem to be looking up anytime soon.  It has been suggested to me that I try leaving my horses out more.  I am not real comfortable doing so with my mares but I could do it with my young stallion.  Unfortunately this would leave him alone and lonely not to mention vulnerable.  Would a donkey as a companion/partner in crime protector be something to consider?  Glow is a nice boy but all stallion and a gelding would hopefully be a good choice but I know nothing about these adorable long ears.  Any thoughts and guidance is appreciated.  AND not to tweek anyone but as many know money is an issue, I don't have much and what I do have goes mostly to my minis...that's just me.  I do plan on selling 2 of my young fillies to cut back on my workload also.  That will leave me with only 4.
383629[/snapback]

A mini donkey would not be able to defend.

If you can find a standard one, that has been raised with minis that would be the best. I prefer Jennys, but a nice gelding would also do.

I found my Jenny on the sales board here. She wasn't registered, but was the nicest Donkey I could find registered or not. So I bought her.

Might want to put want adds in these places,, let them know in detail what you are looking for.

http://www.oregonvos.net/~jrachau/index.htm

http://gotdonkeys.com/

Also keep checking your local newspaper.

OR you can look into an already started 1+ year or old LGD.

Latest posts

Back