Hundreds of Thousands of Voter Records Found

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Southern_Heart

Reaction score
I just saw this on Fox News so I went and found a link for it.

Wow I bet this is going to mess things up! I wonder how many blew away that they can't find. They showed all the papers blowing along side the road. This is not good for either Party.

Link

Hundreds of Thousands of Voter Records Found Scattered on Highway in Florida

By Kim Zetter November 03, 2008 | 11:38:18 AMCategories: Election '08

Hundreds of thousands of pages of voter documents were found scattered along a highway in Hillsborough County, Florida, Monday morning. Two empty cardboard boxes were found near the documents, suggesting they may have fallen from a truck or been purposely dumped along the highway.

The documents, which filled nine plastic bags when collected, contain names, addresses, phone numbers and party affiliation of Hillsborough County voters.

It appears, however, that the documents aren't the county's voter registration applications since they also contain the voters' registration numbers, precincts where they are registered to vote and a check box next to each voter's name indicating their choice of Barack Obama or John McCain in the presidential election and whether they need a ride on Election Day, according to the Tampa Tribune. The latter would not be on a county voter record.

A spokeswoman for the county elections office suggested the documents might belong to a candidate or party that obtained voter information from the county, presumably for get-out-the-vote efforts.

Latest posts

Back