How wide are the stall doors for Nationals?

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JMS Miniatures

Reaction score
I decided this year I would like to find some stall gates for Nationals. Been wanting them for some time but would like to find some for this year. Does anyone happen to know how wide the stall doors are? Has anyone made there own?

I believe they are four feet wide. I've both made my own (ok, so hubby made them for me, lol!) and just brought five foot wide aluminum panels (four feet high). The horses really love being able to see out, so for us it's a "must have".
default_yes.gif

Have fun at Nationals!
default_smile.png

Do you happen to have pictures?
Hi, I have used gates at World's every year we've been and my horses have been happy and not had any health issues. You have to remember, the facility has to "clean" each and every stall after a group has left and they are preparing for the next group, NOT. I have noticed in the past few years that the horses that have ended up at the hospital did not have gates. These shows are VERY stressful, especially for weanlings and yearlings.

My husband is making stall gates this year. I don't have pictures as yet but I can tell you they can be either 36 or 48" high and 48" long. They are made of hog panels and tubing for frames. They are very light weight but sturdy. I have never been to Nationals but we are going this year
default_smile.png
I was told by the show office that the stalls in Tulsa are wooden bottoms with bars at the top. It will be very easy to attach these gates. You will need two screw eyes and 2 double ended snaps.

Meadow

Hi, I have used gates at World's every year we've been and my horses have been happy and not had any health issues. You have to remember, the facility has to "clean" each and every stall after a group has left and they are preparing for the next group, NOT. I have noticed in the past few years that the horses that have ended up at the hospital did not have gates. These shows are VERY stressful, especially for weanlings and yearlings.

My husband is making stall gates this year. I don't have pictures as yet but I can tell you they can be either 36 or 48" high and 48" long. They are made of hog panels and tubing for frames. They are very light weight but sturdy. I have never been to Nationals but we are going this year
default_smile.png
I was told by the show office that the stalls in Tulsa are wooden bottoms with bars at the top. It will be very easy to attach these gates. You will need two screw eyes and 2 double ended snaps.

Meadow

Here's our gates. We bought them but I've seen some nice ones that others make from PVC pipe etc. The openings are about 4' wide. These gates are 33 x 52 and the best price right I've found lately is Valley Vet.

DSCF0871.jpg

Latest posts

Back