how was your show season?

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
default_wub.png
: Great Job Girly.

My weanling Zorro achieved 7 out of a possible 10 1sts this year. He also took home ** Two reserve Gradn Champion Stallion titles! Not junior but out of the all the stallions senior too
default_smile.png
I love this horse !!!! He got a few 2nds and 4ths and 2 sixths in multi colour
default_smile.png
Next year he should be dappled more
default_smile.png
Cant wait to clip this boy up as a yearling :bgrin He also achieved Reserve Grand High Point weanling in Ontario only attending 3 of the 4 shows points were calculated at!
default_wub.png
:

Wee Man was awesome I love him SOOOOOO! Much! He achieved 5 Trophies for Ontario Highpoints. He achieved 2 Reserve Grand Champion Gelding titles one of those was out of ALOT of geldings
default_wub.png
: He excelled in performance and at one show took home a 1st in hunter , jumper and obstacle out of etleast 13 in each class ... It was a high of the year. We went to 13 shwos and I have no clue hwo amny placings we got all ina ll I lost track but he almost always palced top 3 int he class he is such a good gelding! A junior friend of mine showed him in junior classes and achieved highpoint ontario junior obstacle horse
default_wub.png
: I love that hes able to be shown by someone else now and ecell Im proud of him as you can tell?!

Sweetgrass did awesome for a "Momma" ! Shes not rebred and in training to drive
default_wub.png
: She got top 3 in mare and excelled in obstacle as well
default_smile.png
Shes an awesome mare
default_wub.png
: She also took many 2nds and and always placed in her jumper class . I think she did awesome this year considering she had a foal on her side who was pulling her down weight wise. Next year will hopefully be her year :bgrin

All in All I placed in almost all my classes at all 13 shows and Im just so happy with my horses performances. Next year we are going to World Class Worlds in NC to get a feel for a bigger competition not ready for AMHR Nats. yet :p! I plan on making next yera my best season :bgrin

Thanks for letting me share!!

I only made it to one show this year and do hope to make it to several next year.

Anyway, the one show I made it to I showed the following

Irish Hills Toys In The Attic - yearling over gelding

Champion Jr. Gelding

Reserve Champion Jr. Gelding

Reserve Grand Champion Gelding

1st & 2nd place in youth class

Snowberry Farms My Sharona - yearling over filly - straight out of the field

3rd place under both judges

Irish Hills Waterloo Sunset - weanling under stallion

2nd place under both judges

Cross Country California Dreamin'

1st pace under both judges

1st place under both judges - youth

All four should be out again next year as well as Irish Hills Gracie Lou (under filly) and Irish Hills Rock Star (under colt). And hopefully a driving horse *AHEM* :lol:

e79ecec0.jpg

We are very proud of or 3 year old Clarion The Gold Standard HOF He finished his hall of fame on his third birthday, he is currently National All Star Champion 32-34 stallion, All Star Chamoion Sr Champion Under Stallions, All Star Champion open roadster under and National All Star Champion Roadster stakes!

WE concentrated on showing him this year. I did show GQ to within 4 points of his Halter HOF and started him back driving which, for a horse that was lame for a year and a half from a chipped scapula, that was VERY SUCCESSFUL!

Midas was also top ten in 8 classes at nationals youth , ammy. futurity and open.

Thanks to all the judges who appreciated him and thanks more than i can offer to my friend and trainer Bruce Abbott for seeing to it that these things happened!

Lyn

We took 6 horses to the sanctioned shows up here all were either grands and reserves plus 2 supremes and a judges choice. l think we get to clean up for year end awards also if l'm suppose to bring the trailer to the meeting.. :bgrin

Well, we show in the same venue as Sedeh, only on the other coast. I am glad she explained all the Pinto awards so I don't have to. Thanks!

I had major surgery over last winter so my show goals were modest. My main objective was to drive one of our 3 year old pinto mares by the end of the show season. Our other goal was to get a Pinto Championship for our gelding who only needed a few points in jumper. And I also wanted to start collecting halter points with our 2 year old stallion. We got off to a poor start at the first show by completely missing the one mini halter class - actually we weren't the only ones as 5 of the 9 entries missed it. The teen helper that had been showing our gelding couldn't make it to any of the shows, so my hubby ended up taking Cowboy into the jumping class at the third show to try for his needed jumping points.

So our achievements (as far as we know):

Our 3 year old filly, Aloha Acres Fashion By Magic, earned her Register of Excellence in halter, and now has well over 300 National Pinto points, We are even thinking about going for her Legion Of Merit which requires 650 points, with 400 in performance. She won points this year in halter, color, hunter, jumper, trail in hand, and 3 driving classes!!! It was so exciting just to drive her around the ring (her first time driving with other carts), and frosting on the cake when she got 2nds and 3rds in classes with 7 other minis.

Our gelding SRF Masters Touch appears to have the points he needs for his Pinto Championship

Our 2 year old stallion SRF Buckshot appears to have earned ROMs in halter and trail in hand.

We think we have some New England Pinto Association Year End High Points but the points aren't tallied yet and we still don't have all the results from the last show.

Well Congratulations to all :aktion033: :aktion033: :aktion033:

Went to 8 Local shows and we are so proud of our boys, & we did have fun. Lots of firsts and seconds.

Our Gelding (007) got a Grand Champion & a Reserve

I got back into showing more classes this year after my rotar cuff operation.

First obstacle show with my gelding, we got a 1st. :aktion033: (usually hubby had to show this class for me.)
default_rolleyes.gif
:

Last edited by a moderator:
This was a great idea for a post. It motivated me to sit down and figure out exactly how we finished out the show season. I'm very proud of what we accomplished this year especially watching my kids and the progress they made. We (my family) did it all ourselves whether it was mucking stalls, clipping horses, coloring stall signs with crayons, cleaning harnesses, feeding, grooming, exercising, training, showing, etc.(sometimes it got pretty crazy but we always managed.) We have wonderful horses that worked hard and showed their hearts out for us -- most of them doing everything from halter to jumping to several driving classes in both youth and adult.

Anyway....our family was thrilled to have a wonderful show season, capped by six of our horses winning nine national titles at AMHR Nationals.

The best part was that all five members of our family who showed at Nationals won at least one national championship. (Shane, who is 23 months is very anxious to begin his show career.)

We also collected four reserve national titles, 40 top fives and 65 top 10s.

Classique’s Phantom Gold, who this show season became the first horse ever to Hall of Fame in eight classes, won a National title, two Reserve National titles and 11 top fives in the Under division and, as of a few weeks ago, was in first place in seven All-Star categories -- Park Harness, Park Harness Stake, Adult Jumper, Open Hunter, Amateur Roadster, Youth Roadster and Liberty. Phantom also was second in All-Stars in Youth Jumper, Amateur Hunter and Amateur Jumper and third in Open Roadster, Roadster Stakes, Open Versatility and Golden Age Jumping.

Whispering Hill Farm Magician, who won National titles in the Over division this year in Youth Hunter, Amateur Park Harness and Open Roadster and had Reserve National titles in both the Open and Stakes Park Harness classes, ranked first in All-Stars in Roadster Stakes, Adult Jumper, Open Hunter, Park Harness, Park Harness Stake and Amateur Hunter. Magic also ranks second in All-Stars in Open Roadster, Youth Roadster, Youth Hunter, Amateur Jumper and Youth Jumper.

D&S Double Dutch Chocolate, a two-time National champion last month, ranked first in All-Stars in the Over division in Country Pleasure Driving, Country Pleasure Stakes, Youth Country Pleasure, and Youth Roadster. He ranked second in Amateur Roadster and Ladies Roadster.

Quail’s Creek Rumorhasit, who won Youth Jumper Over this year at Nationals, ranked first in All-Stars in Youth Jumper and Amateur Jumper and second in Open Hunter, Adult Jumper and Amateur Hunter.

Mini Bucks Pure Nitro was tied for first in All-Star rankings in Youth Country Pleasure Under and was second in Country Pleasure Driving Stakes.

Mini Bucks Little Sabrina, who won a Youth Pleasure Driving class at Nationals, ranked first in All-Stars in Youth Pleasure Driving and Open Pleasure Driving, 32 & Under. She ranked second in Pleasure Driving Stakes and Golden Age Jumping, and third in Youth Hunter.

And D&S Excuse My French, who had only been driven at a show once before, was amazing. He won a Youth Pleasure Driving class in the Over division and finished third in Open Roadster, Over. He was driven expertly in that Roadster class by Don Maas, which was such an honor.

The All-Star rankings I listed were from earlier this month. I don’t believe there have been any updates since then. Anyway, our family had a great time this show season.

Here is the family picture we took at AMHR Nationals this year

NationalsFamilyphoto-2.jpg

And just one each of my kids showing at Nationals. (not to bore everyone, but I'm so proud of them).

Samantha and Dutch winning Youth Country Pleasure 8-12 Over Division

SamanthaandDutch.jpg

Sawyer and Magic winning Youth Hunter 8-12 Over Division

Sawyerjumpingmagic.jpg

Spencer and Sabrina winning Youth Pleasure 7-Under Under Division

SpencerandSabrinaNationals.jpg

It started out kind of rough bc between getting ready for Graduation and other school involved things, i had to for once put the horses as my second priority.

I showed three horses this season.

Royal Salsa- ASPC

All my work and time went into this horse this summer. He took Top 10 at Congress!!! Top 5 in solid color but DQ'd in both Jumper/Hunter. I showed him once more after Congress and he took GRAND CHAMPION GELDING.

Westwind BTU Crown Prince Narko- AMHR

He brought in two 1sts in his yearling OVER classes and then a few 3rds and 4ths. We measured him in at 32.5'' alllll season so that really hurt us that he was so tiny and still had to show in the over yearling division with much larger yearlings. Next year luckly he will be in the under division as a 2-year old so i am sure he will do much better. He went GRAND CHAMPION STALLION at his last show of the season in August however so we ended on a good note.

LTD's White Chief- AMHR

Chief brought home two 1sts and two 2nds in Jumper and he placed 2nd and 3rd in hunter. Mostly do to my lack of training with him this year :eek:. In halter he placed extremely well and brought in one Reserve Grand Gelding title.

I didnt do Ohio World this year bc it was so close to congress and Congress was my #1 priority! Next year however we will be doing Ohio World, Congress and i'd like to go out to Nationals as a groom or possibly take a few.

I really think showing practically lasts all year round, bc when your NOT showing ..your planning next seasons show string ext. Which is what im doing at the moment.
default_smile.png

Next year i will be showing four (Poss. five, if i choose to show my Impressive Lights foal) horses

*Alpha Farms Magical Melody - ASPC Sooo excited for this filly!!!

*Royal Salsa- ASPC

*LTD's White Chief- AMHR Over

*Westwind BTU Crown Prince Narko- AMHR Under

Next season is already in the planning process :aktion033: :aktion033:

It was very successful!

I am so sad its over.

But next year....!

I showed only two horses and took them to nationals for the first time.

At local unrated shows....

Zeus was unbeaten in his halter classes and received two championships and one reserve. He also had some placings in multi color and showed his first obstacle classes for training and entertainment purposes only :eek: . He was such a good boy. Only 2 years old!

zribbons.jpg

(A little fat here.)

zhalter3.jpg

Year end awards for Colonial Miniature Horse Club -

Overall A Gelding

Overall A Halter Horse

Year end Champ in:

A Junior Geldings

A Youth Halter

Reserve in:

A/B Multicolor

Chantilly was my overall show horse. She measured in as an over horse this year.

At local shows she did very well in showmanship with me, winning several of my classes and second in a couple others. There was one show that with Zeus and Chantilly I won all five possible championships (including the showmanship one). Chantilly did halter, showmanship, obstacle, jumping (she even won a class, and she doesn't jump), versatility, and driving.

cribbons.jpg

show6-1.jpg

Year end awards -

Overall:

B in hand performance horse

Champion in:

A/B Open Showmanship

B Youth Halter

B Youth Halter Obstacle

Reserve in:

A/B Youth showmanship

B Senior Mares

A/B Youth Versatility

B Youth Jumper

B Youth Driving

At AMHR Shows Zeus was first in his junior halter gelding class, second in his youth halter class, and champion junior gelding.

And finally....

NATIONALS!

Zeus was RESERVE CHAMPION Youth Halter Junior Gelding Under

P1010094.jpg

P1010092.jpg

P1010099.jpg

Chantilly was...

Top Ten Youth Over Driving Obstacle (First time ever doing this class) (8th)

Top Ten Yout Over Showmanship 13-17 (6th)

Top Ten Youth Over Halter Sr. Mares (10th)

P1010080-1.jpg

P1010109.jpg

P1010111.jpg

Deerfield Fair:

Zeus was first place and received reserve champ.

one-1.jpg

three-1.jpg

four-1.jpg

five-1.jpg

[SIZE=14pt] "Sanny," What a perfect Family and all in the horse buisness[/SIZE]..... :aktion033:

NationalsFamilyphoto-2.jpg

that picture above is priceless!! what a beautiful group! :aktion033:

MAry I love the family picture....what a treasure that will be in years to come!

Jess your pics are great too! Love the fall one.

Lyn

Congratulations to everyone on their successful show season :aktion033:

We had a successful year and had tons of fun and met alot of very nice people (Leena, Carin and Kay Kay)and we are looking forward into next years show season as well.

We attended 8 shows some AMHR and some ASPC/AMHR including the Ohio World Show with coming home with 4 World Show Championships and one Reserve Championship and various other top placings.

At some of the local AMHR shows we had received a few Grand Championships and Reserves and Champion of Champions also with some others placings which I can't even exactly remember, too far back in the season with having different horses at different shows.

This year was our first trip to Shetland Congress with adding our shetland stallion "Buckeye WCF Classical Story" receiving the 2007 Vetrolin Grooming Award and a Reserve National Championship along with some other top placings in halter also, and our new classic shetland filly purchased from Carin Ponder of Pondering Oaks Stables with "Pondering Oaks Apache Rose" receiving National Champion at Congress was great and meeting Carin!

AMHR Nationals was the best for us ever with receiving National Champion with our own bred filly, Reserve National Grand Champion, 2 x Reserve National Championships, and 5 Top Tens with our horses. We had great time and actually enjoyed ourselves and we were not overworked this year and had a plan and it worked out really well for Scott and myself and was not rushed at any point.

We are already trying to plan on what shows next year to attend and who is going to be on our 2008 string.

Congratulations to all on their great show seasons!

My show season went pretty well. We were only able to attend 3 AMHA/AMHR shows this year. I showed my all around performance gelding, Spirit, and my halter mare, Sierra. The newest addition to my show string, Dylan, was shown by his trainer this year and also did well.

PICT0025-2-3.jpg

Head.jpg

Mountain Shadow's Kindred Spirit (Spirit) - AMHR Sr Over Gelding:

1 Sr Gelding Grand

3 Sr Gelding Reserve Grands

4 Gelding Reserve Grands

11- 1sts and 13- 2nds in Country Pleasure Driving

All 1sts and 2nds in Amateur and Open Hunter

All 1sts and 2nds in Amateur, Open, and Youth Jumper

All 1sts in Versatility

Overall High Point Performance Horse

SierraShow.jpg

SierraWin.jpg

Sonara's Little Exotica (Sierra) - ASPC/AMHR Sr Over Mare:

1 Champion of Champions

8 Sr Mare Grands

1 Sr Mare Reserve Grand

2 Mare Grands

1 Mare Reserve Grand

All 1sts in Model Mare

All 1sts and 1- 2nd in Open Mare

All 1sts in Solid Color Mare

Dylan7.jpg

Dylan3.jpg

Century Farms Xtreme Dezyn (Dylan) - AMHR Jr Gelding:

3 Jr Stallion Grands

1 Jr Stallion Reserve Grand

3 Stallion Grands

1 Stallion Reserve Grand

3rd in Yearling Geldings at AMHR Nationals

My show season was amazing not to mention I learned alot,for only my second year showing I set my goals realistic and achieved all of them,I even exceeded a few as you can tell in my show record.This was my first year going to nationals what an experience that was,I had alot of fun,my goal was a top ten and I was blessed to walk away with a National championship,I guess it doesnt hurt to dream big LOL.

Buckeye WCF Classical Phoenix

2007 National Champion yearling stallion

1- Grand champion

4- Reserve Grands

2- Junior champions

5- Reserve junior champions

8- 1st place

4- 2nd place

2- 4th place

1- 5th place

Amateur

Top ten amateur junior stallion 4th place