how was your show season?

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cara

Reaction score
mine was ok, i had a few performance days and 1 halter day that will possible never come again :eek: lol nah im ok,

i started off to a great start! i got a 5 1st, 1 reserve mare, 5,2nds, to many 3rds,4ths,5th to count and 1 6th hehe im so proud of china this year for the first time at a show she got a award for 1st place hunter!!! and maybe another to come not sure yet, gotta wait till the points come in :bgrin she is now done juming,after 4 years almost 5, she is goning out with a bang tho getting a award, now onward to driving!
default_rolleyes.gif
: hehe she is for sure filling up my room with her stuff[brushes leads halters ribbons awards] yay chiny
default_wub.png
: i love her so so so much!

lets hear your season went, if your done!! even if your not let hear em! :lol:

Last edited by a moderator:
I had a great one, thanks for asking!

At our first show, my weanling colt took a Reserve Grand Champ Jr. Stallion award against two year olds and yearlings since he was the only weanie at that time (April), in AMHA.

At the next show, he was Grand Champ and kept that up for the NEXT show, putting him number one in all-stars for our area (AMHR). He's a gelding, now, and grew too tall for his height division at his next show, so he's got some Reserve Champ Gelding points, too, in he Over division for AMHR.

Mouse, Pyro's older brother, even took home some more Halter points as a senior gelding.

Mouse and I finally got our act together in performance, and we took a few blue ribbons in Jumper! We had no success in Hunter and I started realizing that though he has great form, his bad habits in the ring will just not allow us to be competitive in Hunter together (he loves to bite as a form of OCD).

Anyway, this has probably been my best show season ever.

Liz

what a nice thread! And congrats to both of you
default_smile.png

We didnt get to a lot of shows but had a great season. Jet (buckeye magical notice) our aspc gelding did fabulous and we had a blast showing him. Kyle got many championships with him but his real highlight of the year was winning a very large youth class. He had the biggest smile I have seen! We did take him to congress where I got reserve champion ammy incentive gelding which is the highest placing I have ever obtained so a huge thrill.

We also showed our homegrown filly promise a couple times(baxters silver sensation) and she did awesome! She won a very large color class at the Ohio World show and came in 2nd in a nice class of weanlings.

We are going to take the neighbor kid this weekend to the bmhc fall fuzzy show so that should be fun. we are taking our homegrown gelding cody and filly diva
default_smile.png

I cant wait for next year!

We went to eight shows so far and have one more coming up. If we can count our shows in October and November as this season, they were really good. It was my horses first year showing and he started out as a two and a half year old.(by the book 3 years, Jan 1st style) We won a first in Open Hunter, Youth Jumper, Youth Halter Obstacle, and many others including a decent amount of reds. My mom's horse started out as 1 1/2 years and is now 2 and has wons firsts in Open and Amateur Halter Obstacle and other ribbons too. So it was a good year. We even placed in the Nationals. That was my first time there.

My own personal show season was just one show this year! There will be more next year, though. At the show, I took five horses. Got 5 firsts (4 for halter, 1 for color), two 2nds (halter, color) and a 3rd (color). Three Grands and Two Reserve Grands -- so each of my horses got championship.

It was actually only the second time I've shown my own horses where I've done all the before hand conditioning, clipping, grooming, hauling. When I used to show more, I had a trainer doing all that for me. Now each time I've shown against her, beat her by many places so I guess she taught me well!.

Additionally, the grands that we won were from the biggest classes of the day with one of our mares and one of our geldings. The mare is a 2x broodmare who I didn't condition a bit (nor did I condition my stallion, who got a grand). I did condition the gelding and I think there were 12 or so in his class.

Then, of course, Destiny (co-owned with Erica) had a 3rd fabulous show season getting more grands, finishing out his Halter Hall of Fame, and ending with a National Championship. I'm very proud of them both
default_yes.gif
:

Here are my show horses, pictured immediately after coming off our trailer following their big show :bgrin

[SIZE=12pt]Erica's Gone and DunIT[/SIZE]

1st place A division 2yo stallion, Grand Champion Junior Stallion

(no conditioning, no sweating)

DunIT%202007%20VMHC%20Summer%20Classic%20--%20166.jpg

[SIZE=12pt]Tibb’s Sundowner (HOF)[/SIZE]

1st place senior A division gelding, Grand Champion Senior Gelding

SUNNY%202007%20VMHC%20Summer%20Classic%20--%20109.jpg

[SIZE=12pt]Little King’s BT Bacardi Gold[/SIZE]

1st place solid color gelding / stallion, 2nd place B division senior gelding / Reserve Grand Champion Senior Gelding

BACARDI%202007%20VMHC%20Summer%20Classic%20--%20136.jpg

[SIZE=12pt]Harrell’s Rowdys Reflection of Hope[/SIZE]

1st place senior A division mare, 2nd place solid color mare, Grand Champion Senior Mare

(5yo 2x broodmare -- no conditioning)

HOPE%202007%20VMHC%20Summer%20Classic%20--%20037.jpg

[SIZE=12pt]Harrell’s Flirting With Perfection[/SIZE]

1st place yearling A division mare, 3rd place solid color mare, Reserve Grand Champion Junior Mare

Flirt%20--%202007%20VMHC%20Summer%20Classic%20--%20100%20Touched.jpg

:aktion033: Congrats to everyone on this thread :aktion033:

The quality of the horses each and every year continues to grow by leaps and bounds and each ribbon is an accomplishment!

If I had to say one word about this year it would be AMAZING!!

The horses showed their hearts out at almost every outing, tried hard, worked hard during the week, had fun. They enjoyed their treats after each show (new Likits) and are now enjoying off season, living outside and doing what they please.

The horses pulled 42 Overall Grands, 62 Jr/or/Sr Grands, and 44 Overall Res/Jr/Sr and 124 first place ribbons. Had 3 HOF, and 3 others get their Grands/points as yearlings but need that two year old Grand next season, another two year old gelding only went to two shows and pulled 40 points and 5 Overall Grands so just needs some points next year, and have a gelding who needs 11 driving points to get his HOF in his first season driving as a three year old and only going to 2 shows!

Nationals was just icing on the cake to a wonderful season with out of the 12 horses, 7 of them went at least NATIONAL Champion, 2 of them went at least National RESERVE Champion and the remaining three were at least Top FIVE............and then 2 of them went on to NATIONAL GRAND CHAMPIONS!

D&S A Pharaohs Fortune - National GRAND Champion Stallion Under, National Champion yearling stallion, National Champion Futurity yearling stallion, National Champion Ammy Stallion under, Res. National Champion Solid Color Stallion.

Erica's Jesse James of WallStreet - National GRAND Champion Pleasure Driving Stake 34-36, Res. National Champion Aged Gelding 34-36, Res. National Champion Ammy Sr. gelding, Res. National Champion Ammy Incentive.

Erica's Big City Gambling Man - 2007 4 time Unanimous National Champion gelding in ammy, youth, and open

Erica's Cloverbud - 2007 2 time Unanimous National Champion, 2 top 3's

Erica's Echos of My Destiny - 2007 National Champion

Knells Bey Sashey - 2007 Unanimous National champion, top 3

JSW Midnight Revenge - 2007 Unanimous National Champion, 3 top fives

Erica's Big City Prankster Bucks - 2007 2 time Res. National Champion, top ten

Erica's SockIT to Me- 2007 Res. National Champion weanling

Erica's UnBuckn' Believable - 2007 National Top 3

Erica's TKO - 2007 National Top Five (4) weanling pulled from pasture that week

Erica's Streakn' For Bucks - 2007 National Top Five

Sorry to write a book ,but I'm proud of each and every one of them!!

Now they are all hairing over and enjoying getting to be out playing in the rain, rolling in the mud, playing chase, staying dirty and driving mom crazy
default_smile.png

I was ready for a break as well, and still enjoying it but in my mind it's already spinning the wheels as to whom will fill up each spot for next year!!

I didn't even get to show this last year (or the year before, *whine*) but I did get to go to Nationals this year, and I bought one of Erica's horses that HAD been shown.
default_smile.png
Erica's Streakn' For Bucks, a yearling buckskin appaloosa, has 44 halter points and three Grands, and as Erica just stated in her thread, got a Top Five at Nationals. I believe he also placed last year as a weanling at Nationals, is that right Erica?

Anyway, I am determined to show next year-- I plan to finish showing Streaker to his Hall of Fame in Halter, (he's got such a great start!) and show him in Liberty, then when he's older to drive him. :aktion033:

Yep Lori, he got a top ten as a weaner and was :new_multi: all over the show arena then LOL!! I think you will have no problem capturing his HOF, he went only to a handful of shows with me and did awesome! And I can't wait to see the little stinker DRIVE :new_shocked:

Congratulations Everyone! :aktion033:

As ususal, Mike and I weren't able to personally attend as many shows as we would like. Someday when we win the lottery, you all will see us a lot more
default_wink.png
:

Our horses had a great year with Belinda, and we were able to personally make it to Congress, Nationals, and a couple small shows.

Our Mini Highlights:

Wall Street the Admiral Lambee Pie

- National Reserve GRAND Champion Mare, Over

- National Champion Senior Mare, Over

- National Champion Senior Mare, Over 34 - 36"

- National Reserve Champion Amateur Mare Incentive, Over

And our Red Alert boys finally made it into the arena!!

Strass Country Red E Aim Fire (now owned by Martha Hickham)

- National Top Ten (3rd) Weanling Stallions, 28" and under

- National Top Ten Weanling Stallion Futurity, 30" and under

Strass Country Red E For This (co-owned with Belinda Bagby)

- National Top Ten (3rd) Weanling Stallions, 28-30"

- National Top Ten (3rd) Weanling Stallion Futurity, 30" and under

And he's not a mini, but Martin's Best Dressed Sinatra had a GREAT year completing his Halter HOF, winning National Congress Reserve Grand Champion Stallion, Under, and three more National Championships includng Mike's first ever National Championship in Amatuer Stallions! :aktion033:

I'm looking forward to going to The Spooker at the end of the month, and then it is a long dry haul until next spring!

We only went to a couple of shows this year and no Nationals for us. Of course next year one of us will go to Congress the other to Nationals that way it is fair.

We had a great season though as short as it was. Raven got a HOF with our gelding in Obstacle being that we only normally show 2 shows a year it has taken her a little bit but he has like 80 some odd points now.

We took out a broodmare that has not shown in over 5 years and she was a last minute decision so no conditioning or anything and she took a Res Grand so we are proud of her for that.

Next year we will both be showing our 4 time National Champion Driving horse, a couple of our old favorites and a new addition
default_wink.png
: It will be the first year we are not only doing halter but really going all out in performance as well so looking forward to it already.

Congrats to you ALL!

*Gulp* It's kinda rough posting after Erica....

Erica,, WOW, You work So hard, I am glad it all paid off!!!!!

Semi had a GREAT year too. :bgrin

She went Grand Champion every show (3 shows) and Reserve Senior Mare Amateur at the East Coast Championship.

and went Supreme at the Silver Jubilee in Senior Mare and Youth!

and Top Five 4th (open) - Senior Mare 28"-30"and 7th (ammy) at the World

She also won Liberty at the Julep Cup and East Coast Championship show

and on the Top Ten Honor Roll!

Now, she gets to be a horse.
default_smile.png

Congrats to all those who showed this year. No matter the outcome of a class, as long as my horses did what was expected of them, I was proud.

We had a very successful show season this year. I've updated my website with their standings, except for the National All Star. For Area VII All Stars, both were either Grand or Reserve Grand except for one class where my gelding placed third. Here are the links to their web pages:

Mountain Shadows Midnyte Breeze

Andar Tenacity's Java Times Two

Hopefully next year my mare will ready for the Country Pleasure classes.

Congratulations everyone on their great show year! :aktion033: :aktion033:

I show in a different venue than most. I show the Pinto circuit here in Oregon. I went to 6 shows this year....mostly 4,6 and one 8 judge shows. Our mini classes have been gaining popularity and are ever growing and the quality is improving every year. My personal goal is to put Pinto Champion's on all of my show horses. That means not only points in halter but points in 2 performance classes as well. Lucky Four Rebelchase Still Dreamin(Dream) came out strong this year and was my first to acheive her Champion as a 3 year-old. She gets to go into the broodmare band next year. My stallion Aloha Acres Heir to Magic finished his Champion as well. My homegrown filly, Total Eclipse Starlight Dancer(Lily) was 2 this year and just went out strong! My brag wall is full of Champion ribbons from her and Heir! In the 8 judge halter class she won 7 grands and one reserve! She also won her futurity at the ALbany Pinto show and went on to win Champion of Champions(nice check too! :bgrin )In pinto they are allowed to do in-hand jumping as a 2 yo.....I usually don't put them in those classes until the last few shows though. I was pleasantly surprised after our last show a couple of weeks ago that she managed to finish her Pinto Champion also. So......it was a very good year for us! Lily and Heir also acheived their Register of Excellance in halter this year(175 halter points). I'm planning on training Lily to drive for next year and we want to go to Pinto World. Should be fun!! :bgrin

:aktion033: :aktion033: :aktion033: :aktion033: Congrats to everyone on their show season. :aktion033: :aktion033: :aktion033: :aktion033:

Post your photos of your show minis. :saludando:

Well...we sure look like weenies following everyone's FANTASTIC accomplishments! Congratulations!

Due to one show being cancelled, one show in which our trainer was a judge, and thenmy hospital stay and recovery, Mingus's show season ended up consisting of just one show.

Mingus was NOT conditioned (one could say he was FAT) and his winter coat came in early (it literally popped out while we were at the show).

But he has finally learned to behave himself, and he went Supreme Grand Champion Gelding, Over.

I, too, am already making plans for next year for both Mingus and Scarlet. NWMHC schooling show is not that far off, nor Oregon Gold...

Well even though, we placed bottom in just about every class, out of 3 shows this year(showing 3-4 horses in Halter/Color), We got 3 Res Grand Champions, 3 Jr. Champions, 6 1sts, 3 2nds, 14 3rds, 2 4ths, and 3 5ths. I was very proud just to get in the ribbons every class I went into, I have met so many nice people along the way, and have learned even more, I can't wait till next show season, where my goal is to at least place in the middle half of the class, instead of bottom, but hey, I'll take bottom, before I get a DQ!

:aktion033: Congrats to everyone!

This is a realy neat thread.
default_yes.gif
:

This was our second year to show, but the first where we really got into it and our first time doing A as well as R shows.

As the year progressed, I could really see the quality of the horses and what it really takes to win. It's not easy! So everyone who shows and places ANYWHERE should be very proud!
default_yes.gif
: Heck, I'm proud of my horses that didn't place because there was some seriously tough competition at some of these shows.

I haven't figured out all the details like some of you have, but here are the highlights:

WF Mas Corona

AMHR Area IV Reserve Sr. Champion Stallion

AMHA Eastern Regional Champion Ammy Stallion Level 1

AMHR National Top Ten (his second time)

AMHA World Top Ten (in open and ammy)

Some grands along the way

Corona is now a 2X National top ten and a 2X World top ten (all in halter classes). He is officially retired from the show arena! :aktion033:

Indian Peaks Sweet Serenity

Multiple Supremes, Grands

AMHA Eastern Regional Top Ten (4th) yearling mare

AMHA Eastern Regional Top Ten (6th) ammy jr mare

AMHA World Top Ten (4th) Futurity yearling mare

Star Ridge Acres Golden Miracle

AMHR National Top Ten (10th) weanling mare (YIPPEE!!)

Wisteria Rubicon Raven Beauty

Multiple Supremes, Grands

AMHA World Top Ten (8th) yearling mares

AMHA World Reserve Champion Futurity yearling mares

It was a TON of fun, but I'm really ready for a break! And so are the horses! :bgrin

Last edited:
Wow, congratulations to everyone that had such a fantastic show season!!!! The competition was incredible this year and we were thrilled at the opportunity of coming home with anything.

Our boys were shown at both AMHA/AMHR shows and having the opportunity to compete at both the AMHA World Show and AMHR Nationals was the best! I haven’t received our World or National win photos back yet, but here are some highlights from a few of this years shows. We’re so proud of our spotted boys!

Lost Spoke’s Winter Dream Catcher aka “CATCH”…Reserve Champion Amateur Jr. Halter Stallion & Reserve Champion Multi Color Stallion (Central Regionals held in Kansas City) Shown by Tommy Thompson

catchcentrals07.jpg

CCMF Legacy’s Legend aka “Legend”…Reserve Champion Amateur Jr. Halter Stallion & Western Regionals 29” and under open halter stallion (Western Regionals held in Reno, NV) Shown by Kriss Calao and Tommy Thompson

legendtommy.jpg

Legend came home following the AMHA World Show and will be covering his first mares next spring.

Dawn :saludando:

Yet another different venue person here. I wish like heck I could show Pinto but Kody stubbornly refuses to develop spots so I'm stuck with combined driving events. Poor me! :lol:

We moved up to Preliminary competition this year and the whole season was a major learning curve. Kody did very well and came along extremely quickly, giving me ample cause to be proud of him. We were never lower than fourth and by the end of the season had steadily climbed the ribbons to win our first Prelim blue. (More about that weekend in an upcoming thread, I don't want to spoil it.) I was so proud of my boy!

We did better at the AMHR shows as well, beginning to place occasionally in our country pleasure classes and showing vast improvement in our obstacle and jumping classes. We did very well in Precision Driving and really enjoyed Disciplined Rail as well. I hope to see more of those working classes offered in the future. It felt nice to finally have a real show cart and good friends so the shows were not so intimidating.

We received a blue in our only ADS Reinsmanship class at the Oregon State Fair, making me one very happy camper. We might have done better in AMHR jumper and liberty the next day if Kody hadn't thrown his back out again. Even so, we had our first clean jumper round and Kody even led respectfully during the jumpoff. Miracle!

Basically although the ribbons sometimes did not show it I felt there was a lot of improvement throughout the 2007 season and believe that 2008 will see us finally coming into our own and beginning to rack up the ribbons. Watch out, NW performance showers! :bgrin

Leia

Edited to add: This was also a year of major travel for us. Kody and I started the year at the Ram Tap CDE in California in April and I ended my driving season in Kentucky this week. Wow!

Congratulations to everybody on their wonderful show seasons.

With college and everything else this year i decided to only focus on one horse, my gelding, Rocking JM 3T Bruce Almighty. I only went to 3 shows this year, they were all AMHR/AMHA shows. The competition was very tough this year but i think i still managed to have a pretty good show season with only going to 3 shows.

In AMHR he won 3 Overall Grands, 2 Overall Reserve Grands, 4 Sr. Gelding Grands, 5 Sr. Reserve Grands, 4 Amateur Gelding Grands, 3 Amateur Gelding Reserve Grands, and then 3 Amateur Champion of Champions. He was 1st or 2nd in every Open or Amateur halter class this year.

Then in AMHA he won 3 Sr. Gelding Reserve Grands and 5 Amateur Reserve Grands.

Then at Worlds he was World Top Ten (6th) in AOTE Geldings out of 29 entries. And then World Top Ten (7th) in Amateur Sr. Geldings Level 1 out of 31 entries.

Latest posts

Back