How tall will she get?

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

spots n splashes

Reaction score
We have a filly that was born in July 2010. Born 15 lbs and 17" tall. She is coming up on 7 months old in February. I measured her this morning and she is about 23-24". Sire was 28.5" and her dam is 34". APPROXIMATELY how tall would you say she'll be as an adult. At what age do minis stop growing (height wise). I know each horse is different so these are "approximately" questions. Just based on information I gave, what would you guess her to be as full grown. Thank you in advance to anyone that would like to share their answer.
default_wub.png

Best way to figure this is by measureing hte cannon bone.

We have a filly that was born in July 2010. Born 15 lbs and 17" tall. She is coming up on 7 months old in February. I measured her this morning and she is about 23-24". Sire was 28.5" and her dam is 34". APPROXIMATELY how tall would you say she'll be as an adult. At what age do minis stop growing (height wise). I know each horse is different so these are "approximately" questions. Just based on information I gave, what would you guess her to be as full grown. Thank you in advance to anyone that would like to share their answer.
default_wub.png

MY BEST GUESS IS 32"

I'm also going to go with 28" if she was born just 17" and is only 24" max at 7 months. She's a tiny little thing! They do most of their growing their yearling year and then grow a little bit more after that, but usually not more than an inch (or two) if they are fed well. We bought a 5 yr. old stallion once that was very malnourished and he went from 33" to 36" that year! That's the only time we've ever had such a large growth spurt in a horse over 2 yrs though.

I'm going with 30-32 too.

I had a colt born this year with those dimensions and that is what I estimated him at.

I have found that the teeny ones seem to grow on a bit longer than the taller ones, too.

I had a filly that was 26/27" last year at age two and she looks to have made around 29/30" now- I have not measured her recently but that is what I estimate her to be. She still looks minute and I could get away with claiming she was still 25", but she has grown on and I expect her to grow a tiny bit more, too.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks everyone for responses. Just want to make sure she will get big enough to breed when she's older.

Latest posts

Back