How Saber spent his Halloween

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sixstardanes

Reaction score
Yesterday Saber (with my hubby & I who were celebrating our 14th Anniversary) went to a Halloween Haunt Obstacle Challenge.

It was a fun day... they had a costume contest full of lots of great costumes.

For the costume contest one needed to do 3 obstacles in costume. Here are a couple of Saber with my hubby.

14anni5.jpg

14anni1.jpg

14anni6.jpg

Because of how great the costumes were everyone entered in it won $10.
default_aktion033.gif

As there were so many horses entered in the classes it was pretty late by the time the In Hand class was held. Saber was 1 of 2 only minis there and the other mini was entered in this class as well.

For the course the horse needed to complete 10 of the 15 obstacles. Some of them were pretty interesting.

Both minis beat the big horses. The mini mare was 2nd.. and Saber was 1st
default_laugh.png

proudone.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
The horse costume (http://www.marylen.com/horse.htm) my hubby is wearing was a gift several years ago from a friend that I altered & added to a little bit.

What Saber's wearing I put together.

Its actually something I made for our upcoming Christmas parade that Saber can wear while driving (of course minus the big key)

default_aktion033.gif
Another great job. Looking forward to seeing Saber with the cart & that costume. That should look really sharp.
default_smile.png

I think next time you should dress Saber up as a human with Hubby in the horse costume...too cute! Saber has such an intelligent look in his eye, love to see all the things you do with him!

For safety the key does shift a bit forward or back so its not a totally upright all the time thing.

Its crafted out of a cardboard mailing tube and a piece of cardboard slotted into the tube at the top.

The top part is cut to shape and then the whole thing is covered with silver duct tape.

The bottom of the key (the tube) is also covered in tape having some thickness. Then with an exacto knife a small slot was made at an angle in the bottom which the center O ring on a training surcingle was pushed into and then rotated.

Huge smile always when you share your fabulous photos of Saber. You really should put a book together "Sabers Adventures" or "Sabers Travels" ......... it would be a huge hit!

Thanks for always sharing and entertaining - everyone loves Saber!

P.S. gotta love hubby too for dressing up and getting out there! LOL

Saber should be the poster child for all miniature horses!

Latest posts

Back