How on earth do they KNOW??!!

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mona

Reaction score
It really amazes me that nature is so keen on just "knowing" things. Their instincts clearly tell them whether or not something is a threat/danger or their next meal!

The other day I let the dogs out and they went flying past the patio doors, so I looked out to see this.
default_drool5.gif
There was NO barking at all, just staring and the "attack" stance from Abby. The little rabbit (wild) obviously knew he was safe from his attackers on the other side of the fence, and did not seem worried at all. LOL!

I guess I was just surprised that they did not bark...it was like they knew (thought) that rabbit was their next meal
default_eat.gif
and not a threat in any way. I bet that little rabbit was laughing his butt off at them. I could just hear him...you can't get me...nanny, nanny, nanny!!
default_risa_suelos.gif

meal.jpg

meal2.jpg

meal3.jpg

meal4.jpg

LOL!!!

I think animals have ways of knowing things that many would think belong in sci-fi books.

There are squirrels at my parents house that LOVE to tease and taunt the dogs. Either from the other side of the fence, or just beyond their reach up a tree. It's funny to watch and no doubt the squirrels like playing with the dogs and teasing them!

In Texas we had a full view glass storm door over our wooden front door. When the weather was nice, I'd leave the wooden door open so I could get some natural light into the entryway. There was a cat in the neighborhood and it would sit in front of the glass door, grooming itself while my dog (on the other side of the door) was having a caniption fit. That darn cat would just sit there, cleaning itself really, really slowly. Every now and then it would look at my dog and swat the glass door. Don't you know that would set my dog off even more. Now that cat KNEW what it was doing and clearly enjoyed it.

I love it!
default_worshippy.gif
Bunny confidence.....

Last Spring a pair of barn swallows felt they would make their mud nest under my front porch. One of the cats spotted the action and laid on the railing, flicking her tail (& licking her lips!) in anticipation of a tasty morsel. This continued a couple of days and then I noticed they abandoned their project with the obvious agile cat making huge threats. I had 1/2 a mud nest to remove then.

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back