How much turnout time?

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nicmac74

Reaction score
I know..24/7 is the ideal BUT...I keep mine in large paddocks and they each get a couple of hours a day in pasture to run and play. They are only stalled in bad weather. Just curious as when I kept my biggie's at a barn..they got 15 minutes turnout from their stalls, a day. Obviously I rode everyday. Its Southern California so space was very limited. Here, on the ranch, I have two pastures- each one is approx. an acre but I like to rest one when using the other one.

Broodmares are out on pasture 24/7 with run in, roundbale and grained 2x a day. They are pretty simple.

Horses inside the barn that are stalled (with no personal paddock) go out like this. Boys in the morning, mares at night ..i just divide it how ever they get along. Boys go out about 9am-1pm and then the mares inside the barn go out 1pm-6pm (or so...). Some of the horses have a stall with a paddock attached to it, they go out a few times a week when they have an open pasture.

Latest posts

Back