How much longer

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

heart k ranch

Reaction score
default_biggrin.png
I'm so excited this foal is something I've been waiting on!

Everytime she foals, she doesn't produce milk or show too many signs that shes going to foal. From what my mother was telling me...

Anyone want to guess how much longer!!

default_laugh.png
I WANT A COLT! btw, out of 22 foals 1 was a colt.... We are a filly place!

101_0082.jpg

101_0081.jpg

Well from the looks of her I'd say any day now! Udder looks pretty full, teats descended and pointing downward.. Only thing I don't 'see' is a V to the belly, but on some mares it's not that noticeable.. What's the backend looking like?

Well the backend was long but this morning she was tight. The vulva was a almost red color, that night it was pink. Then every foal she has had was during the night!

She never got into a V shape from what I remember. Her last foal was 4 years ago...

Hi Heat K and nice to see how excited you are. Very pretty mare.

Good luck to you!

Watch that vet wrap on the tail. If its tight, it can restrict bloodflow and you can loose her tail!

No foal yet but I was up at the barn with her for a little bit of the night, my camera didn't want to work.

Marty, the vet wrap was so loose that it was off when I went out to feed!
default_wink.png
, so this time I put it a little tighter but could put my finger inbetween the hair and vet wrap.

Please pray for a colt!

Oh and she is bitting at her stomach this morning, moving every slower, very loose stool, the vulva has gotten longer, and right inside its a darker pink then it was last night!!!!!
default_laugh.png
I'm just waiting.

This mare has had 3 fillies and all have been great horses, I have one training with me in barrels, a cousin has another, and then another is in training for cutting (who has won over 10,000) .... So this foal is a special accident. This foal is out of my "gelding" (yes gelding
default_wink.png
). Him and I have won over 13,000, he is the main reason I have my minis and can afford everyone...... VERY EXCITED!!!!!
default_biggrin.png
default_biggrin.png

So was she bred before he was gelded or just after?
Well long story in the short. I bought him as a gelding (4 year old), the lady said he acted proud cut sometimes.
default_wink.png
Only thing she told me. At the huntsville jail (were he came from) they geld all horses before they leave...

Well like a lot of people would I put him out with the mares and other geldings. He did just fine. One afternoon (walking to the barn to feed) I saw him mounting (his wee-wee wasn't out), nothing unusually I've seen gelding do that a lot.

Well I was walking to the house from the barn that same afternoon and he was breeding her. Called the vet, he said that was ok. He kept doing it, she was in heat so I decided to talk him to the vets.

Well the first vet said he was a cryto and it would cost 2500, the second vet said the felt one, said it was dropped enough to produce he charged 250. So needless to say I have a foal and now a "real" gelding.

Latest posts

Back