How Many of You....

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pamk

Reaction score
Hi. I am a regregistered veterinary technician (RVT) and just became certified to teach the general public pet first aid (including pet CPR) and disaster response for pets (cats/dog only right now :bgrin ). I am just trying to get the feel for how many people would be interested in this kind of workshop. It is a three hour long workshop with hands-on training costing $45.00 per person.

Any responses would be very helpful...

Pam

You can add me to your list for starters! :saludando: I think that's a very reasonable price/fee and very well worth it!
default_yes.gif
:

You could also add me. CPR on animals would well be worth the time and money to learn.

If I had one offered in my area, I would definitely consider attending.

If I had one in my area, and especially at that price i would attend IF I didn't have to take time off work to do it. In other words, think about what time of day and what day of the week you will offer it. Best would be to offer one during the day and one during the evening, or one week day and one weekend.

Just wanted to add, another way to do it is to advertise and then have groups ask you to come teach them (think dog obediance classes, 4-H kids and leaders, stables, etc etc) as well as offering set classes for individuals to sign up for.

Last edited by a moderator:
I think advertised properly you would have a huge turnout. I can do both human and animal, everyone should know how imho.

Harvey and I would definitely attend something like that if it was in our area
default_yes.gif
:

I plan to take the class offered by the Red Cross for pets soon. What group will you be teaching for?

Hi. Thanks for all the replies...I am glad the pet owners are willing to learn basic first aid and CPR...I will be teaching through Pets America (they have a website...petsamerica.org I believe). I cannot wait to have my first class...it will be fun!

Thanks again! Pam

If there was one in my area, you bet I would do it if:

1 - the price was reasonable (less than $50.00 for me)

2 - if I could fit it into my work schedule.

Yes, I sure would. And the price is very reasonable.

Latest posts

Back