How many AMHA/AMHR shows available in your state/ area

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
In BC right now there are two as of this year, one which will be in my new hometown and I will only have a 2 minute drive to get my horses to and the other is a 4 hour drive I believe and there are some in Alberta as Cindy mentioned.

From what I know of just a couple and that is waaaayyyy up north from us. Probably a 4 or 5 hours drive.

In Michigan... I think there is like, one AMHR... and no AMHA. There are fun open shows for minis though, through the BWMHC and such. The closest for me is about 2 hours away though...

:DOH! I've thought about hosting an AMHA, but I couldn't show my horses in it with all the rules and such, so I didn't see the point in it.

I wish there were more that were only 4 hours away. We've got just the one, as you know, Nita. Jen and Hillary just left with Link for Ohio Area II National Show and we'll probably do Area I in western NY.

I gave them $250 for my third of the gas for Ohio.

It will be $150 for my third for the NY show.

I am shaking in my boots at the thought of what Nationals is going to cost me. If I drove it would be $1000 in gas alone.

This year in Michigan there are 4 AMHR sanctioned shows - 2 on each side of the state. 1 in Ionia (was a couple of weeks ago), 2 in Midland this summer, and 1 in Berrien Springs over Labor Day. There are no AMHA shows that I know of.

Heartland Miniature Horse Club puts on an AMHA show in Wichita, KS in May- it is 4 hrs for us. Central Regional Championships will be there, also, in August. Then we have one show at the KS State Fair in Sept- 3 1/2 hrs.

No AMHR shows in KS.

If I travel to CO, Nebraska, and OK then I can show at alot of AMHA, AMHR, and PtHA Worlds! As a matter of fact, there are so many possibilities for a week from now, I just don't know what to do! lol I really want to show at PtHA Worlds ( 7 hr drive) on Thursday, then hit an AMHR show in Lincoln, Nebraska on Sat- don't know how many miles from the Tulsa PtHA show- probably 8-10!!! Then, should I head to CO to the Estes Park show for Sunday- another 7 hrs????? I would certainly get good use out of the Health Certificate!
default_biggrin.png
But, oh, my, the gas!

Peggy

I wish there were more that were only 4 hours away. We've got just the one, as you know, Nita. Jen and Hillary just left with Link for Ohio Area II National Show and we'll probably do Area I in western NY.

I gave them $250 for my third of the gas for Ohio.

It will be $150 for my third for the NY show.

I am shaking in my boots at the thought of what Nationals is going to cost me. If I drove it would be $1000 in gas alone.
default_biggrin.png
hehe, I only knew about one AMHR in Michigan, and thats the one through the BWMHC. Otherwise, I'm clueless on AMHR! :DOH!

There is 1 AMHA show, but it's really two shows done with one day in between. There are 2 AMHR shows (oh this is in Az). Other than that, would have to travel out of state. I only show in my state, too difficult to arrange for care for the horses, dogs, cats, ect at home! Plus too much $ since I just show for fun.

Jessi

Latest posts

Back