How late is too late to register?

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

smlotsocats

Reaction score
If a person were to buy a 2 1/2 year old horse and the breeders certificate were signed and supplied, is it too late to register? Does the sire, dam and foal have to be DNA tested or anything? The date of birth is in June 03.

I don't believe AMHR has any age limit on Miniatures. The highest rate listed is for 3 yr old & older for $60.

If all the paperwork is accurate you should be able to register. I'm not sure what the ruling is on the DNA.

If you have the money and paperwork it is never too late.

Nope, it's not too late. If you're registering AMHA, the horse in question will have to be DNA'd and Parent Qualified. So the sire and dam will also need to be DNA'd.

Really! :aktion033: I'm registering AMHR and have no idea where the parents are so that's why I ask the DNA question. I also have AQHA and APHA horses and we have the DNA testing issues to be dealt with. All my mini's have been purchased already registered so I just didn't know what I could do with this breeders certificate and registration application.
default_wacko.png
:

Back