How hard is it to find an all white horse

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
[SIZE=14pt]Here's our white stallion! National Champion 26 3/4 ' NFC's Quicksilver![/SIZE]

He's really a true grey!
yes.gif

bee70885.jpg

Oh my Milo Minis!! Your horse is gorgeous! How tall is he and what is his breeding? Is he a stallion? Sorry to be so nosey!!
biggrin.gif
He is very beautiful!

new_shocked.gif
new_shocked.gif
new_shocked.gif
Thank you everyone for all your pictures of your beautiful horses now I CANNOT wait to buy an all white filly or mare. I might have to wait until after the holidays...but it will happen. I will make sure I post a picture of the horse I decide to get. I was at Beckys from Redrock last weekend and she had this gorgeous colt but he was sold
no.gif

Thank you everyone!! Now I know what to call it when I really, REALLY start looking thanks again.
wink.gif

A couple of my web clients who breed for the Overo pattern have had several "Maximum Expression Overos" or whatever you call it -- 100% white, not a lick of color, and not a bit of grey on them. All I know is ... it would scare me to DEATH to see that all white baby coming out - since there is a possibility of Lethal White. Thankfully these guys were not LW.

Here is one from Broken M in North Dakota:

winddancer02c.jpg

(the blue tinge is because it is a still shot from a video)

Here is one from Stormhill Miniatures in Minnesota:

snowprincess04.jpg

Here is a couple of pictures of our white horses, they are all true grey. I think the true gray is the prettiest white to get cleaned up for showing. It almost glows, and to see a white horse running in liberty with mane flying against the dark dirt background is really pretty. The first is our stallion Smokey, no app, then his daughter who does have appy in her from her mom. We also own another mare that is all white (true gray) no app, and blue eyes! Very pretty.

f2c4ed48.jpg

f887bdcd.jpg

Hi as Kathi had mentioned we do have two white daughters from a mare (B ZS Snow Muffin) that has (to my knowlege) only produced white daughters. She has had two sons - one black, one blue roan. Her eldest daughter has produced three white foals (two fillies and a colt). The two daughters I have, have both produced colored colts. The grand-dam is listed on the studbook as also being white.

It is curious as other than Angel's 2005 colt, the white has been restricted to the fillies/mares. None of them have been tested for extreme sabino yet, and all have pinto breeding from sires/grandsires. All have pink skin and dark eyes. Muffin does have some genital mottling, but not like an appy.

As for the dirty level - they do show it, but no more than a perlino, silver buckskin, palomino or cremello do - we have all of those colors. It really depends on the individuals ability to get dirty! Snow Cloud (from this line of white horses) is owned by friends of ours, Mary & Steve Dyuk was shown in 2004. Cloud did require two baths a day at shows to stay white. Her younger brother will be shown in 2006 - he's a knockout!

On the left is Muffy (solid white), Dolly (cremello), Tangerine and Valentina the pintos and Jiji (registered as palomino but is a silver buckskin). It is hard to tell here, but Muffy has dark eyes and Dolly's are blue, otherwise a solid white can look just like a cremello as far as the 'whiteness' factor goes!

dolly_mares_5-17-05.jpg

Michelle since there is no "white" as a colour there has to be another explanation. Just being able to see your girls muzzles I can suggest they are max. Sabino, possibly with Splash too. What colour was the sire of the two coloured colts and what colour the sire of the "white" fillies?? It is very wrong of the Societies to keep using phenotypes to describe colour, especially when white is no longer accepted as a "colour" and has not been for some time.

Chamomile said:
Oh my Milo Minis!!  Your horse is gorgeous!  How tall is he and what is his breeding?  Is he a stallion?  Sorry to be so nosey!! 
biggrin.gif
  He is very beautiful!
502972[/snapback]

Thank you! I adore him as you can probably tell. He is just under 36" now and I don't think he is going to get a whole lot taller as his growth has slowed considerably. His daddy is Buckeye WCF Shawnee Night which makes him a Rhoten's Little Dandy grandson and his mom is 4G's Blue Chips Bell by Fallen Ash Farms Blue Chip. Both parents are splash overos, his mom minimal and his dad quite striking half and half. He is a stallion and will be available for stud in 2008 but will have babies on the ground in 2007. He should produce tons of colour. He is MiLo's Buckeye Captain Mack Splash. I showed him extensively this past summer and he took nothing less than a Reserve Grand every time with multiple Grands. He will be driving shortly - he can really move! And his temperament is wonderful - tons of spunk and very showy but a real sweetheart. I just love everything about him.
biggrin.gif

Jean, The lethal white only comes from the overos so you can safely breed two max sabinos together and get a white horse without worry...I was reading this last night on a website about Sabinos. Maybe those wer really sabinos instead of overos which can get confused. Mary

Jean_B said:
A couple of my web clients who breed for the Overo pattern have had several "Maximum Expression Overos" or whatever you call it -- 100% white, not a lick of color, and not a bit of grey on them.  All I know is ... it would scare me to DEATH to see that all white baby coming out - since there is a possibility of Lethal White.  Thankfully these guys were not LW.
Here is one from Broken M in North Dakota:

winddancer02c.jpg

(the blue tinge is because it is a still shot from a video)

Here is one from Stormhill Miniatures in Minnesota:

snowprincess04.jpg

503108[/snapback]

Buckskin gal said:
Jean, The lethal white only comes from the overos so you can safely breed two max sabinos together and get a white horse without worry...I was reading this last night on a website about Sabinos. Maybe those wer really sabinos instead of overos which can get confused. Mary
Both were sired by true Overo stallions. One I know is LWO positive. Not sure about the other.

Latest posts

Back