How do you take your tea?

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Mint tea with nothing in it.

I don't know how to perk tea's up, other than getting the most fresh and best tasting product possible.

Iced rasberry tea....the best on a hot summer day and good old Lipton black tea in the winter.
yes.gif

For general pure enjoyment of smell and taste....Earl Grey strong and HOT...

for a cold several options

1 regular black tea with a spoon of honey and a slice of lemon

2 fresh sage tea with honey (excellent for sore throat)

other ailments

stomach giving you grief...

straight mint tea or

a nice ginger tea (can work for morning sickness)

breastfeeding and having milk issues.....

raspberry leaf tea with a spot of honey

for extra spicey enjoyment ......

orange pekoe with added spices (ie celestial seasonings Bengal spice)

for fun if you grow herb's you can just go pick some fresh (whatever tickles your fancy) and steep in hot water for about 5 minutes add honey or raw sugar to taste......

the funny thing my family is quite Brit yet I cannot take tea with milk (blecch) so I tend toward straight or with a hint of honey
wink.gif

My favorites are Lipton straight up. hehe

I love Nestea ice tea.

I love herbals, any kinds.

I love hot tea, cold tea, any thing if it's tea. Lost a ton of weight on tea!
aktion033.gif

Summer: "Sun" tea- about 4 bags of black tea, set out in the sun in about a gallon of water and allowed to steep. Sugar/honey to taste. I adjusted this, however to 4 tea bags made in a coffee maker- add that to the gallon jar and fill the rest with water. Again, sugar (or sugar substitute)/honey to taste. I've added mint and green tea to this with good results.

I've taken to using Splenda in place of sugar. I had to when I was drinking tea the most, because of gestational diabetes- now I do it because ... I don't need lots of refined sugars in my diet. I eat too blasted much already lol I also switched to decaf teas only during my pregnancy, and am sticking with that as well. Usually end up using Red Rose black tea.

I use herbals: Chamomile tea for sleeping, peppermint tea for upset stomachs.

In the winter, black tea with milk and sugar (substitute) or honey.

I'm really picky about my green tea. I can't recall what brand it is that I use off the top of my head- Celestial Seasonings, I think. That's just tea and sugar.

I've pondered adding little bits of dried orange peel, cinnamon stick, etc... but haven't ever tried any of it. Eventually I want to grow my own herbs for teas...

Green tea straight up at least 8 cups a day.

Peppermint tea for getting rid of that stuffed feeling.

White tea because l love it.

Well, when I drink hot tea, it is probably more appetizing to most people than my equal parts H2O / Instant Coffee -- down it like medicine morning routine.

I like instant tea, though. I like to drink it hot with milk and a lot of equal / nutrasweet. And for iced, I like Crystal Light w/ lemon.

coffee.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
I like to add one or two fresh lavender flower spikes and three lemon verbena leaves to my sun tea or hot-brewed iced tea. Very soothing, but limited to the growing season.

I've yet to find the tea I'm looking for -- espresso tea, although I've come close with Mamari Tea, a wicked strong black tea.

I'm a coffee lover...fresh ground, near espresso-strength, really great coffee lover...so I'm always disappointed in the weakness of tea. (and I'm disappointed by almost everyone's coffee but my own...nothing is worse than bad or mediocre coffee)

However, I do love iced tea made from Celestial Seasonings Red Zinger tea -- extra strong, of course.

Off to pour myself a nice, steaming cup of coffee so strong it should walk to me...

I like cold raspberry iced tea & hot green tea with lots of sugar. I have a horrible sweet tooth.

I drink Green Tea.

I just kicked my 2-3 pots of STRONG
new_shocked.gif
coffee habbit and boy that was hard! I had a headache for a week the would not go away. So now I drink Green Tea strong first thing in the morning and I just use my tea bag through the day (like somebody else suggested) to flavor my water. I have also lost 17lbs doing this!

I would think a small amount of honey would taste good but I have not tried it yet.
biggrin.gif

Leya

susanne said:
I've yet to find the tea I'm looking for -- espresso tea, although I've come close with Mamari Tea, a wicked strong black tea.
I'm a coffee lover...fresh ground, near espresso-strength, really great coffee lover...so I'm always disappointed in the weakness of tea. (and I'm disappointed by almost everyone's coffee but my own...nothing is worse than bad or mediocre coffee)

However, I do love iced tea made from Celestial Seasonings Red Zinger tea -- extra strong, of course.

Off to pour myself a nice, steaming cup of coffee so strong it should walk to me...

483362[/snapback]

Susanne I am a devout worshipper of the bean as well
wink.gif
I like my coffe strong and black......cannot find any coffee in Idaho that compares to what is readily available in Washington though
wacko.gif
no.gif

OK you are approaching the tea drinking all wrong
biggrin.gif
you seem to be expecting it to be "like" coffee......tea must be approached with some ceremony and is to be appreciated on it's own without comparison to other beverages
wink.gif
I love to boil the water and warm a teapot then for my favorite Earl Grey I will put two to 3 tea bags in my little teapot (holds about 3 coffee cups) I then pour the water over the bags and fill the pot....watch the steam curl up and it slowly fills the nose with a boquet of black tea and bergamot ...let steep then savor...breathing in the smell along with every sip........
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

Since, as a type I insulin-dependent diabetic, I can't have sugar, fatty foods or more than just a small amount of alcohol, I'm not about to give up my coffee.

One thing a lot of people don't realize is that dark roast Arabica coffees actually have much less caffeine than "grocery store" Robusta coffees (the kind that you feel compelled to drink all day, even though it doesn't taste very good).

By drinking only the best coffee, I'm satisfied after two mugs of it in the morning.

This is my vice of choice, and I'm keeping it!

(Not to put down tea...I just want it espresso strength!)

I really enjoy tea on many levels, the smell, the taste, the look of it.

I can't say any one kind is my favorite, though there is a Bubble Tea store in Longview, WA, that sells a GREAT jasmine green tea.

susanne, I suppose living in Portland in the vicinity of Thanh Thao, you HAD to have tried Vietnamese Iced Coffee....whooowweee that stuff is strong. Yipes!

I, too, love the deep, smoky black stuff that has almost as good a taste as it does a smell. Yummm...I just "say no" to the regular type of diner coffee.

Espresso....every time.

Oh, yeah, this was about tea!

I usually like my tea w/no sugars and unless it's Thai Tea or a Bubble Tea, no milk or other additives. I like iced tea a lot. China Mist makes a really good iced tea.

There's another one that is a lavender based tea and it smells so good!

Also, Rooibos tea is a favorite.

One you have got to try is Blue Eyes Tea. It is best served iced, IMHO...tastes just like strawberries. Lindsay's Estate Teas I think is who makes it.

The tea itself is a work of art even before you add the hot water.

CAn't forget Chai Tea!

Interesting thread. I hadn't realized how much I DO like tea, in spite of my coffee indulgences. Oh, yeah, green tea has quite a bit of caffeine in it, also, unless it is decaffeinated.

Liz M.

I love iced Raspberry tea in the summer and just about any tea in the winter. I usually use honey to sweeten it. Kathy

nootka said:
I
Oh, yeah, this was about tea!

I usually like my tea w/no sugars and unless it's Thai Tea or a Bubble Tea, no milk

Liz M.

483828[/snapback]

Liz,

I have heard of Bubble tea but have never had it. Is it any good, and is there anywhere in St Helens/Scappoose area that one can buy it to give it a try?

Latest posts

Back