How did your 'borrowed' recipes turn out?

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jayne

Reaction score
I thought this would be a neat thread to talk about how your recipes turned out that you tried from the ones others posted here (there was a thread for desserts as well as for stuffing/dressing). My husband and I spent the day with good friends who are vegetarians, so I made Alicia's dressing (the one with dried cranberries and apples) substituting vegetable broth and I have to say it was OUTSTANDING! It did seem weird sauteing celery, onions and apples together, but the end result was so moist and flavorful! Actually, I would say you couldn't even find or taste the apples specifically...it just made it so moist and just a tiny bit sweet.

Usually I don't make a recipe for the first time for company, but these are good enough friends to experiment on. It won raves all around. So kudos to Alicia and her stuffing recipe.

Anyone else try a recipe from here for Thanksgiving? How did it go?

Jayne

I tried the Mini cheesecake recipe with gluten-free ginger snap cookies and stevia natural sweetener instead of sugar, and added mini chocolate chips to the cream cheese batter, topped some of them with chopped walnuts before baking. They were soo good, even with the natural sweetener! I love a simple recipe that I can make gluten-free, and sugar free is even better!

Mmmmmm.... I love that mini cheesecake recipe, it's so easy, and so easy to tweak to your own needs! Mmmmmmmmmm.....

My mini cheesecakes were a flop. I don't know if I didn't mix it long enough or what. When scooping it out to fill the muffin papers I didn't realize the cream cheese was at the bottom of the bowl so it kind of looked like cottage cheese, ewwww on some of them.

Thanks, MA for the turkey advice - my turkey turned out GREAT!!!!!!!!!!

Liz R.

My mini cheesecakes were a flop. I don't know if I didn't mix it long enough or what. When scooping it out to fill the muffin papers I didn't realize the cream cheese was at the bottom of the bowl so it kind of looked like cottage cheese, ewwww on some of them.

I noticed you have to beat it for a long time, and on higher speed to really get it smooth. I still had some tiny lumps in mine, but they baked up just fine.

Thanks, MA for the turkey advice - my turkey turned out GREAT!!!!!!!!!!

Liz R.

default_wub.png
:wub
default_wub.png
Thank you!

Latest posts

Back