How did the Little Kings sale go???

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
We didnt make it, dad had taken down the run in and part of fence friday and we had to get the round bales in and get the run in back up (made it about 3x larger, now) and had to get to much stuff done around here....one of these days things WILL have to go as planned, there is just something working agianst me from getting to LKF
default_wacko.png
. Glad we got that done though, raining next 4 days and today was the last semi dry day
default_biggrin.png

Does anyone have the shetland prices? There was an amhr/aspc colt i somewhat had my eye...

At those prices I suppose it's a good thing I wasn't there! Congratulations to everyone that got a good deal this weekend!

at the sale, were you able to walk around and see some of the stallions? I just wondered if any one saw Little Kings Supreme Dream, or has he passed away?

at the sale, were you able to walk around and see some of the stallions? I just wondered if any one saw Little Kings Supreme Dream, or has he passed away?

We bought two Supreme Dream get this weekend so we specifically asked to see him. He wasn't in with Buckeroo and the Buckeroo sons but was up in the foaling barn. Tuffy Acton and Paige Melhope took us up there in a golf cart to see him. Thanks Tuffy and Paige! He's looking fabulous and very, very much alive!
default_wub.png
We got to pet on him and make over him a bit and he loved the attention!

We bought two Supreme Dream get this weekend so we specifically asked to see him. He wasn't in with Buckeroo and the Buckeroo sons but was up in the foaling barn. Tuffy Acton and Paige Melhope took us up there in a golf cart to see him. Thanks Tuffy and Paige! He's looking fabulous and very, very much alive!
default_wub.png
We got to pet on him and make over him a bit and he loved the attention!
Parm, your going to love your supreme dream babies..i have a daughter of his and she is one of the nicest mares here!! Congratulations Parm
default_smile.png

100_1459.jpg
100_1463.jpg
Here are a couple of pics of our new Buccarra son. He has such nice tippy ears..And he moves like a dream....He will look great under harness...

Last edited by a moderator:
Does anybody have the special pricing horses? LK LB Buckeroo Dream especially?

By the prices Blueprintminis posted, I'd say the sales prices were lower than I expected they would be. The market sure is not good for sellers right now and no one knows how long it will take to get prices somewhere near normal again. It does not pay to be breeding any more in this market.

Joyce

I wasn't able to be there, but I ended up with 2 horses.

LIBERTYS PRIVATE PAIGE a Alliance Tenders Private Stock filly and ARIONS DAYDREAM DESTINY by Alvadars Double Destiny.

Thankyou Jayne ! He looks great when he is moving. I cant wait for him to get old enough to train to drive. He is gonna be taller than I like but I dont mind. He is very laid back. He hasnt been handled much you can tell but he doesnt try to bite or kick. He doesnt like to be caught but he only walks away from us he doesnt run. I think when he warms up to us he is gonna make a tremendous driver and family member. Probably even a youth horse. I guess we will see. I really didnt need another horse but I guess it was fate.....

tini-z those were two nice horses..There was alot of nice ones that went through that sale.. wish I had more money I probably woulda brought homw at least 3 others..LOL

Not sure if people changed minds or they were no sales, but several of the horses were available after the auction. I had Robin mark them on the list down for me so I could call a couple people. And I believe it was her mother that bid on the teensy weensy filly because she wouldn't let her sell so cheap. If I would have known prices would be so low for such nice horses I would have gotten up even earlier to make it there when it started! I figured I couldn't afford anything and went there just to pick up a couple stallions I'd purchased previously. Ended up bringing home two more that I really didn't need, but oh well..what's two more!

Jen,

I told my husband that you went and how low the prices were. He said "You should have had Jen pick up a couple for you". AAHHHH! My husband has NEVER told me to go buy a horse before. Now I am kicking myself! And I wouldn't even had to use my "Honey, how much do you love me?" line. Darn!

Sue

LK Buckeroo Buccarra.

OOOOO ON the rise farm thats one of my fav stallions!! Love your new kid!! Im already a fan!
default_smile.png

Congrats to every one else. Great prices, should plan a trip down there myself one year.

Last edited by a moderator:
Would either of the Little Kings Super Supreme babies be on that list?

Probably a really good thing I didn't go there, I am downsizing, not upsizing, but I would have just HAD to buy those two.
default_unsure.png

Yes there was a sorrel pinto colt who sold for 550 and a bay pinto filly who sold for 600. Both sired by Super supreme

No, I was asking if they were on the list of horses that didn't sell.

Based on your comment, I assume that they did.

SF Mahogany Bay is a 1/2 brother to them and he just won AOTE World Champion Country Pleasure. Makes us want to expand that line a bit. We have maternal 1/2 siblings but no paternal 1/2 or full siblings and his dam appears to have retired from breeding......

Back