Hotel for AMHA World

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Shaladar

Reaction score
Hi,

Just wondering what hotel everyone likes to stay at for Worlds? We haven't been there for 5 years, so I don't have a clue what hotel to stay at. We stayed at one on University Drive last time, and I don't see it listed anywhere. I think it was Fairfield Inn...maybe? Can't remember.

Any preferences?

Thanks in advance,

Sue

Edited to add: it doesn't have to be fancy/schmancy. Safe, clean and reasonably close to the show is fine.

Last edited by a moderator:
This will be our fifth AMHA World we've been fortunate enough to attend. Our first stay was at the Marriott on Museum Way. It’s only 5 minutes away from the center and a lovely hotel. It was a bit pricey (at least for us) so we stayed the rest of the times at La Quinta off of I-35 in White Settlement. The La Quinta is about 10 minutes away. I'm sure if you do a search you will be able to find them. This year we needed to make additional cut backs, so have decided to stay in our camper on the grounds.

Looking forward to seeing you there!

Dawn
default_saludando.gif

La Quinta on I 30 at Cherry Lane exit is okay, we've stayed there many times - noticed last time they were beginning to need a remodel. They have breakfast, and there is an IHOP across the parking lot. There are several hotels right on/off University within just 5 minutes of the barn - Marriott Courtyard, I think a Fairfield, and don't remember what else. There's a fairly new, very nice Springhill Suites on I 30 too, just west of University - small parking lot though for big trucks, no room for trailers. There are two more right next to what used to be Greenoaks, about 10 minutes from the barn - one is new, the other has changed names. I have a list somewhere, will post those when I find it. One either is or was a Hampton Inn. If you are coming in for the entire show, there are also some furnished houses that rent out for horse shows near the facility.

Jan

Thank-you Dawn and Jan.

I think we will be staying down the street on/around University somewhere. I will be there the whole show, my husband is flying in to show in Ammy, then fly back home, (for free, using CC miles and no one to take care of critters and 89 yr. old Dad for extended time). I will be helping drive friends rigs w/the horses to/from the show, then rent a car to get back and forth from hotel/food to show. Rather it be close.

A couple of people I know are staying at the Spring Hill Suites by Marriott. Maybe we will stay there.

Update: NOT staying at the Spring Hill Suites...after being passed around through 3 people and then being told I have to contact the Ft Worth Convention & Visitors Center to make a reservation, it is not worth it.

The search goes on...LOL

Jan: please post the list when you find it.
default_yes.gif

Thank-you !!

Sue
default_yes.gif

We stayed at La Quinta for the last several years. We are currently looking for new lodging. Last year we were confronted by several homeless people wanting money and its late and dark (by the time we get back to the room) and not that great of a neighborhood.

Yes, La Quinta is not what it used to be.

Hotels change names & ownership like banks do so I can't promise these are all still correct. Have phones for some, not all.

Fairfield Inn 505 S University 817-335-2000

Comfort Inn I 30 at Greenoak 817-731-9600

Hampton Inn @ Cherry Ln 817-560-4180. This is about 10 min west of University on I 30.

La Quinta 817-246-5511

Courtyard by Marriott 3150 Riverfront, off University 817-335-1300

Homestead 1601 River Run, off University 817-338-4808

Residence Inn 1701 S University

Holiday Inn Express 2730 Cherry off I 30 w

Courtyard Marriott West Lands End, 6530 W Freeway (I 30) This is new, north side of 30 on frontage rd.

Also lots downtown which isn't far, just not so easy to navigate.

All I've got
default_smile.png
There is another pretty new one right next to the Comfort on I 30 at Greenoaks, just don't remember the name and didn't find it in my search.

Jan

Latest posts

Back