Horses to Honduras

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mgtman

Reaction score
Have sold a group of horses to Honduras. Has anyone ever had any experience exporting horses to that country? Would appreciate any advice. Bob

I am sure they are going to need quite a few extra vaccinations like leptospirosis, rabies, and don't know if there is one for anaplasmosis. Lots of unfriendly diseases there that have been eliminated in the states. I would contact the dept of agri, or your extension office and see if they can help you out. When I lived there I know horses could not be exported to the states from there as I fell in love with an Andalusian cross, don't know about importation.

check on the country's website (they should have an official gov website). Honduras is just south of Belize, where my vacation house is. To import into belize, you only need a health certificate from a vet. There are a whole slew of tropical fly and mosquito borne diseases in central america (both human and animal), but the purchaser should be able to tell you what immunizations to get. they would have to bodyclip year round down there, as it is alot warmer than even southern cal year round. make sure that everything is legitimate, as the US would not ever let them cross back from central america (due, I believe to either encephalitis or sleeping sickness being endemic in horses down there.)

Latest posts

Back