Horses always seem to know.......

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MiLo Minis

Reaction score
.....when the plan is to get pretty pictures of them.

Desiree (Midnight Star Stables) spent the weekend here visiting her little friend, Joy, and took a ton of photos from around my farm with her new camera. She can come practice on my horses any time! She took some beautiful pictures!!!! Thanks Desi!!!

But then Polk, who was hidden in a stall, said "Hey! Don't forget about me!!!"

polklook.jpg

So I got him out and dolled him up, got him shiny clean!

polkbrush.jpg

The plan was to get some nice halter pose shots of him but we knew he would never stand still till we let him shake a little of his energy off, and he needed no encouragement!

Polkromp.jpg

Polkromp3.jpg

Polkromp2.jpg

But then he did this.........

rollE.jpg

....before we could get this. Horses ALWAYS know.

Polkpose.jpg

Oh well, clean or dirty, I still LOVE him!!!

default_wub.png
Awe ; He looks great love the two tone forelock
default_wub.png

Perhaps that leap on the wall was because miss fashion was around
default_rolleyes.gif
default_wub.png
LOL

I LOVE LOVE LOVE this horse.... So it was not hard getting great pictures! He is Just AWESOME
default_wub.png
:wub
default_wub.png
This was one heck of a "dream catch" and I'm sure he is going to do amazing things in CDE
default_wub.png
:wub
default_wub.png

He is too neat Lori - Congrats again.

Desiree, great pictures. I am not a appy lover but this horse has that special look at me attitude that we look for in a horse. Dot sure is a beauty . Enjoy and have lots of fun with him Take Care Walt and Frannie
default_wub.png
default_wub.png
default_smile.png

default_wub.png
Awe ; He looks great love the two tone forelock
default_wub.png

Perhaps that leap on the wall was because miss fashion was around
default_rolleyes.gif
default_wub.png
LOL
Des took a whole series of shots as Polk watched Fashion sashay her little tail past him and out the barn door!
default_new_rofl.gif
He does love your little girl!!! Later Des also got the most hilarious picture of the boys vying for Joy's attention. Hopefully she will send it soon or post it so you can all have a good laugh along with them!

Your horse is breathtaking. Between him and a couple of the Appaloosa forum babies born this past week, I am sure loving these spots!!! Woohoo!

Polk is the best!!!
default_wub.png
He has quite a personality, such a character! He is even more handsome in person, too. I can't wait to see him driving.

Desiree, Great pictures!! When are you putting up the ones of the boys with Joy???? LOL

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh my Lord.
default_new_shocked.gif
Okay, I already liked him but now I am in LOVE!!!
default_drool5.gif
:love
default_worshippy.gif
I can see exactly why you wanted him but now his personality comes shining through and I want him too! *LOL* Are you SURE he wouldn't like to come down to Washington State and make friends with a certain little redhead??

I guarantee you he's going to be a star in CDE. He's got that "IT" factor and the conformation to back it up. Brave, forward, smart, sense of humor...yep, I want him. Special boy!

Leia

Oh my Lord.
default_new_shocked.gif
Okay, I already liked him but now I am in LOVE!!!
default_drool5.gif
:love
default_worshippy.gif
I can see exactly why you wanted him but now his personality comes shining through and I want him too! *LOL* Are you SURE he wouldn't like to come down to Washington State and make friends with a certain little redhead??
I guarantee you he's going to be a star in CDE. He's got that "IT" factor and the conformation to back it up. Brave, forward, smart, sense of humor...yep, I want him. Special boy!

Leia
You HAVE to see him move Leia! He is very naturally light on the forehand and carries himself beautifully!!! He is the only Mini I have ever seen other than Willie that lifts himself into both the up and down transitions. Willie is the only Mini I have ever driven that when very fit can actually collect in harness and I think that Polk has the same potential. I have to say I am VERY excited to get him driving competitively!!!

Wow, He is gorgeous!!! After seeing him we might just have to get a app or two. He is stunning!!!!

MiLo Minis said:
You HAVE to see him move Leia! He is very naturally light on the forehand and carries himself beautifully!!! He is the only Mini I have ever seen other than Willie that lifts himself into both the up and down transitions. Willie is the only Mini I have ever driven that when very fit can actually collect in harness and I think that Polk has the same potential. I have to say I am VERY excited to get him driving competitively!!!
So post a video, silly!
default_laugh.png
You know I'd love to see him go. Kody doesn't have the hind end to collect easily but that's one thing I've always liked about him is the way he lifts into every gait and has good soft natural downward transitions. When he's loose he really uses his neck to balance himself and pops that wither right up.
default_wub.png

I have GOT to come visit you someday. You know that, right?
default_biggrin.png
I need to go get a passport.
default_rolleyes.gif

Leia

P.S.- You should see Breanna Sheahan's mini Peekaboo. Talk about built to collect!!
default_new_shocked.gif
She does true piaffe and levade, correctly, just tied to the trailer when she's anxious! I've never seen anything like it.

Wow these are great photos!

Beautiful horse by the way

Awwww.....thanks everyone! Its always nice to have it confirmed that you aren't just barn-blinded by love!
default_laugh.png

"So post a video, silly! You know I'd love to see him go. Kody doesn't have the hind end to collect easily but that's one thing I've always liked about him is the way he lifts into every gait and has good soft natural downward transitions. When he's loose he really uses his neck to balance himself and pops that wither right up.

I have GOT to come visit you someday. You know that, right? I need to go get a passport.

Leia"

I would post a video except I am on dial up and don't have a video camera
default_unsure.png
Desiree's camera was really neat though because she could take a string of photos that came out crystal clear and when you viewed them it was just like watching a video!

I've worked with a few Minis that I could get to collect in long lines but most of them lose it in the cart. I have never understood how Willie, with his bad hocks and occasionally locking stifle, could have the power in his hind end to get under himself to collect as well as he used to be able to. His extension was like flying - felt like you were coming off the ground! We once had a FEI dressage judge at one of our carriage shows and she raved about him and how she couldn't believe such a little horse could ever move like that. I was very proud of my boy.

We do have a few little trials up here in Ontario this year that you might find fun! Although it would be fun to have you come, I wish we had the number of events you have down your way - maybe it would be best if I visited in your neighbourhood!
default_laugh.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey Leia, only if I get to go too!!!

Lori, I love that boy more and more each time I see him. You did VERY well on that deal!!!

[SIZE=12pt]He is GORGEOUS!!! I don't remember seeing him before? What's his name? Man he's pretty
default_wub.png
default_wub.png
default_wub.png
[/SIZE]

Joy

MiLo Minis said:
We do have a few little trials up here in Ontario this year that you might find fun! Although it would be fun to have you come, I wish we had the number of events you have down your way - maybe it would be best if I visited in your neighbourhood!
default_laugh.png
ThreeCFarm said:
Hey Leia, only if I get to go too!!!
Party at Happ's this June?
default_biggrin.png
Kody and I will host!

Leia

Latest posts

Back