Horse shows

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
susanne said:
While I can AFFORD the breed shows, I can no longer JUSTIFY spending $200+ for one horse and one weekend (plus gas)
That's really what it comes down to, isn't it?
default_no.gif
I could justify it when I was showing one horse in many classes, but now I'm doing twice the work (bodyclipping and conditioning/training two) to only have half the fun (just a few classes each) for much more money (another stall, all the extra equipment) and it simply isn't worth it to me at this point. I'm doing it anyway as I badly miss my friends and Turbo isn't old enough to do CDE's yet (which involves much less bodyclipping and much more fun!
default_biggrin.png
) but I find myself feeling more stressed and getting far less enjoyment out of it than I used to. I would switch to doing open shows in a heartbeat, given the chance, and really miss my county fair.

I'm thinking strongly of moving to Oregon where there are many smaller driving events and recreational get-togethers and making some changes in where I put my dollars.

Leia

Last edited by a moderator:
Susanne, does that mean that you are going to be able to show with your wrist? I hope you are healing that well! And I DO hope we get to see you at some of the CDEs this year! I am signing up for Inavale for the first time, and will be at Happ's, of course. And the VSE DT-T in Sept. That's about it for me this year.
Amy, I'll be showing halter for sure, although Mingus is a bit porky after not working this spring. Keith will do hunter and possibly halter obstacle, and the driving classes are yet to be determined...I'll see in the next couple of days if I can handle it, otherwise Keith will have to fly by the seat of his pants!

I don't know yet about what I'll be able to do as far as CDEs, since we haven't done any conditioning at all and I won't be officially released until late June. At the very least I'll be at Happs to watch...and the DTT? Sure sounds good!

Leia, if you were to move to northwest Oregon, you'd be centrally located for all Oregon and Washington shows and events. Closer to Northern Cal as well. But that'a hardly news...

It seems that everywhere I speak of driving, I find someone who wants to or used to drive. If we could just pull all of these folks out of the woodwork, we'd be overwhelmed witrh show entries.

And it seems that a state with Barb Lee as a resident should have more recreational drivinf opportunities!

No, I am sorry. You cannot have Leia. Rather, I think you and Keith should move up here!
default_cheekkiss.gif

Great news about the wrist! Sounds like it is coming along better than expected!

ClickMini said:
No, I am sorry. You cannot have Leia. Rather, I think you and Keith should move up here!
default_cheekkiss.gif
default_new_rofl.gif
Thanks Amy, I feel all warm and fuzzy now! *LOL* (Wait, I think that may be the horse hair.)

susanne said:
Amy, I'll be showing halter for sure, although Mingus is a bit porky after not working this spring. Keith will do hunter and possibly halter obstacle, and the driving classes are yet to be determined...I'll see in the next couple of days if I can handle it, otherwise Keith will have to fly by the seat of his pants!
... At the very least I'll be at Happs to watch...and the DTT? Sure sounds good!
Remember, I volunteered to drive Mingus in a few classes if you wanted. The offer is still very much open! And it would be so cool if you guys could come to the VSE DT-T in September. I'm so far planning for Turbo to make his competitive debut there so it would be awesome to see Mingus and Amy's Sensation take to the field as well.
default_wub.png
We could rock training level!

Leia

Wait a miniute! Leia if you are moving you must move to Ga..lol..
default_saludando.gif
default_aktion033.gif
K that's all
default_yes.gif
With the big horses we used to trailer together to share gas costs. Not sure if you guys can do that?

Latest posts

Back