Horse show series in Northeast Texas

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Range

Reaction score
Red River Horse Club in Leonard, Texas, has opened up three miniature halter classes in their show series. They have separate classes for mares, geldings, and stallions. The first show was today and I was the only one with a mini there, but there were others there, scoping it out! It was a great place to give my mare her first show experience and close to home. So, if anyone out there is interested in this series, PM me and I'll give you the particulars!

Red River Horse Club in Leonard, Texas, has opened up three miniature halter classes in their show series. They have separate classes for mares, geldings, and stallions. The first show was today and I was the only one with a mini there, but there were others there, scoping it out! It was a great place to give my mare her first show experience and close to home. So, if anyone out there is interested in this series, PM me and I'll give you the particulars!

Where is Leonard at? I'm in Fort Worth.... well close by.

Lucy

Leonard is probably an hour and a half from Ft. Worth, about an hour or less from Dallas. It's about 30 miles north of Interstate 30 on Hwy 69.

Hi Range,

I take it this show is an "Open" show? Not one that is sanctioned by the ASPC/AMHR or AMHA.

Karen

Yes, these are "open" shows. They do offer a belt buckle for high point winners at the end of the series. It was nice for us to go only 30 minutes down the road to a show just to give our newbie an experience! Most of the sanctioned shows are about 3 hours from here and I hate to spend all sorts of money to make a fool out of myself with an inexperienced horse. Now, when I do go to a sanctioned show, Fifi will have more of an idea of what to expect.

Also, they added the classes specifically for miniatures. So, though it is an Open show, you will only compete against minis! Might be a good experience for children, too.

Back