Horse or Pony?

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kylie

Reaction score
Just going to reg this little mare with NMR, she's reg with MHAA (Miniature Horse Assoc of Aust) & meant to be extremely well bred but circumstances mean i cant find out "exactly" whom she is, her breeder cant remember as the mare is now 15yo & she hasnt any records.

Now, would she trim up nicely to be reg as a horse... or should i stick her in as a pony?

She's nothing flash so i dont need to be reminded
default_wink.png
but i want my youngest son to have some fun showing her.

So... horse with some trimming up... or pony with alittle more bulk on her?

Thanks all for your help.
default_aktion033.gif
default_saludando.gif

new_28thdec.jpg

new_11thdec.jpg

new_19thnov2.jpg

new_19thnov4.jpg

new_19thnov.jpg

hmmm tough one...

I would say a nice fine pony =) so muscle her up, dont trim her down, and see how she goes in the ring, the judges are now going for a more slight built pony

kylie

hmmm tough one...

I would say a nice fine pony =) so muscle her up, dont trim her down, and see how she goes in the ring, the judges are now going for a more slight built pony

kylie
Thankyou Kylie.

She was bred by Mifoopen Stud (Peggy Kirwin), sadly Peggy cant remember the mares details, being 15yrs ago.

She did say the mare is by either (well these were the 2 stallions she had at the time) Sterling Paper Money, but i figured he cant be, she's a '92 foal whereas he was born in '91 (well then i guess he could be though
default_wink.png
), or Sterling Prince Charming.

She's reg MHAA, but they wont tell me who she is as she's not in my name, well thats why im trying to find out, so i can get her put in my name, sadly no-one can/will help, hence having to reg her with NMR, as unknown breeding.

Sad.....
default_no.gif

But oh well, my son will enjoy showing her, he's only 4.

I'll get some muscle on her slowly, her 1st show will be on the 26th April (NMR Feature Show), i may do 1 or do before then.

Thanks.
default_saludando.gif

Hi Kylie,

Keep in mind, that most people on this forum are from USA/Canada.

They consider a 'pony' to be something completely different to our description of a pony. Go and check out the 'pony page' on the forum.

Our ponies are heavier, stockier. Their description of a pony (sheltland) is something taller and much more refined.

Looking at your photos of her, she does seem to be a little wider in the chest, but does have finer legs, so I guess you could really try either.

Good luck, shes sweet

With some work I think she would look lovely but I would definately say horse - just my opinion
default_smile.png

Hope your son enjoys getting out and about with her!

Last edited by a moderator:
How tall is she? She's pretty and I love her coloring. Are those dapples over her hips or appy spots?

If you know the breeder, they should be able to get the papers if the registry still has her on the books. With a little sleuthing you might be able to narrow down who she is. Check the foals of both stallions, mares from the breeder, etc.

Color me confused, lol

Anything here 14.2 and under is a pony above is a horse, How do you guys classify a horse there? How tall is she cause she screams pony to me, lol

Thanks everyone!
default_saludando.gif

Wow maplegum, i didnt think the differences between Mini's in Aust & oversea's, thats amazing.

Thanks, she is wide in the chest, much more so than any of mine so its rather strange, but she stands up lovely. She's nothing fancy, but Deagan will enjoy showing her & i have a friends 12yo daughter to show her as well.

She's just for fun.
default_yes.gif

Cheers Taya.......
default_saludando.gif

ruffian, hi, she's 85cm tall, as for her colour, thats another thing im unsure about.

She's 15yo, now in my experience with greys, she's still very dark.... someone has told me she's either silver or Palouse. Oh god....... lol.......

Yes, i've been on the Assoc's back but they arent coming to the party.
default_no.gif

"oh but i can reg her with them as unknown parentage, for about $300!!" Yer right!! :DOH!

We'll find out, even if it kills me, lol.
default_biggrin.png

Gracie, she's 85cm, she's either Mini Pony, or Mini Horse.

Thanks again everyone.
default_smile.png

Latest posts

Back