Horse Hair Dryer?

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
T

Taylor Jo

I'm thinking about getting a blow dryer for my horses to help dry them when I bath them. As per the course around here it rains EVERYTIME I go to bathe just before show day. It's cold and rainy and miserable. I have a hot water heater which helps but still I didn't know if a blow dryer would help.

I talked to my trainer and she said she just uses a plain old blow dryer from Wal Mart. I don't know if that's what others use or if they use the Double K one or just what you do use if anything. I'm picking up 6 of my horses next Monday so I could really use the help in getting them dry also. Any input would be helpful. Thanks, TJ

Well, a ShopVac set on "blow" works pretty good, and you can get the most powerful one for your budget. It's not really like a human hair dryer, which gets pretty hot, but it more blows the water off the coats. Very effective and WAY better than nothing!

I also like to blow dirt out of their coats when it's too cold to wash but I want them clean for whatever reason.

Andrea

We have the Double K.

It works great and we even blow dirt off the horses before washing them or photographing them.

Highly recmmended!

We used a shop vac for many years, but hated the noise and how large it was.

Last edited by a moderator:
We have a dedicated shop vac for the horses. It is a smaller one with a fairly good motor that has a smaller hose almost like a vacuum, not the larger size shop vac hose. It works well to blow dirt out/dry or vacuum them.

Clipped horses dry fairly quickly. When we wash multiple horses we'll squeegee them, then put beach towels over them with a light sheet to hold it in place. It does absorb a fair amount of water.

Thanks guy's. I forgot I do have a leaf blower but OH MY it sounds like a jet airplane!!!! And it would blow them out of the barn. I'll have to see about a small shop vac or the double K blow dryer. I want what ever is going to work the best and EASIEST. I hate fumbling around with stuff, especially with yearling's and I have 4 of them. OH MY!

Thanks, TJ

Love my Double K dryer. Works great to get the dirt off of them before I clip off the winter coat or if they get dusty before their class. Also used it last year to clean the stall asiles at Nationals--worked great.

I use my K-9 hot air blow dryer. It has two speeds and can blow a wet dog off it's feet in the tub! My horses LOVE it,and there isn't a grain of sand on them when I'm finished, so I can clip w/o problems! It blows warm air so they are always comfie. The Double K blower isn't as powerful.

dru

We invested in an "Anivac" which cleans your horses like steam cleaning a carpets.

ANIVAC Cleaning System

www.animalcaresolutions.caut

We are in Ontario but there seems to be a lot of distributors out there.

So when the horse is cleaned it's only dampo and dries quickly. You can "anivac" a horse in the winter if you have to.

I use Double K. It is wonderful. It has no heating coil but develops heat with its motor. There are a couple of nozzles that affect the blowing power and several levels of power too. Excellent investment.

Latest posts

Back