Horse and donkey treats--

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MeadowRidge Farm

Reaction score
A friend was over today and we were sitting here talking about our horses. When she left I was out playing with my "kids" in there muddy pasture and went thru alot of treats, when I was closing the gate..there stood my donkeys looking like "BUT MOM--we didnt get as many" I felt bad..came in the house and started baking for the donkey "kids" they LOVED there freshly baked treats..anyone want to give them a try--here is the recipes. Have fun baking.Anyone else have any good treat recipes? . Corinne Horse Cookies:

Ingredients: 11/4 cup oatmeal 1 cup flour 1/4 cup molasses 1/4 cup water 2 carrots or an apple Pinch of salt 2 tablespoon sugar Directions:

1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.

2. Roughly chop carrots or apple and mix with dry ingredients

3. Stir in all wet ingredients and then fill a baking sheet.

4. Score into sections and spray with a bit of oil.

5. Bake for 15 minutes or until brown.

Molasses Muffins

Ingredients: 1/2 cup molasses 1/4 cup water 2 cups sweet feed 1 1/4cup original / plain Quaker oats 1 handful bran Directions:

1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.

2. Mix all dry ingredients in a large bowl. Add water and molasses.

3. Mix until all grain is covered in molasses

4. Spoon the mixture into the well-greased mini muffin tins.

5. Bake for 45 min. or until the center of the muffins is firm.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks Corrine
default_smile.png

I think I can handle that
default_smile.png

I'll have the kids sample them first :lol:

:saludando: i will have to bake some for my guys is this the recipe artie sent along for earl? missy

[SIZE=12pt]Did the donkeys not get as many treats because we have to watch their weight?? And that is the reason for the homebaked treats? They sound yummy!
default_yes.gif
: Shannon
default_smile.png
[/SIZE]

Missy, NOOOO--those treats I have to bake for Earl..have every type of bean in you can think of
default_frusty.gif
: I havent made those for ages..Earl hasnt requested them either :bgrin , so I guess he likes my baking :bgrin
default_yes.gif
: he sure does like his treats, by the handfuls! I might make dog biscuits tomorrow..,cant forget about Shado and Angel...
default_wub.png
: Shannon, SOMEONE around here should really watch there weight..and its not exactly the donkeys or horses..hmmmmm..... I have alot more recipes of horse treats. Corinne

YUM...I AM GOING TO MAKE SOME THIS WEEKEND I HAVE EVERYTHING HERE ALREADY
default_yes.gif
: . THANKS FOR SHARING, NIKKI

[SIZE=14pt]They sound so yummy!![/SIZE]

I'll have to share your recipe with my 4-H'ers...they love making treats!

Sandy

Thanks Corinne for the recipes!!
default_yes.gif
:

It is a c-o-l-d day here and I "feel" like baking to warm up the house!!

Guess what?? It won't be human food but Corinne's recipes for my precious minis and donkeys!!! :aktion033:

I will let you know what they think??

Latest posts

Back