Horrible news for USA Team

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

willowoodstables

Reaction score
I wa so stunned by this horrible news. The best chance the US had for eventing was a SHETLAND cross pony.

Take the time to google Teddy..he was a true champion pony

teddy

What happened?
default_no.gif

Taken from TheHorse.com

David and Karen O'Connor have released a statement regarding the euthanasia of Theodore O'Connor.

The statement reads:

"'Teddy' got frightened and bolted. He slipped running back to the barn and suffered a severe laceration to his hind leg, severing the tendons and ligaments. Dr. A. Kent Allen was on the scene immediately and it was determined after examination that the injuries were catastrophic. Everyone who knew Teddy is devastated."

The Shetland/Arabian/Thoroughbred cross gelding was the reigning team and individual Gold Medalist from the 2007 Pan American Games and had top six finishes at the Rolex Kentucky Three-Day Event in 2007 and 2008. He was the 2007 USEF/Farnam Horse of the Year and recently had been named to the USEF Short List for Eventing for the 2008 Olympic Games.

The USEF has set up an e-mail address for those wishing to send thoughts to Teddy's connections. Messages can be directed to [email protected]

Horrible horrible news...

Apparently Karen was on one horse and Max was onTeddy hacking and Teddy got frisky, so it was decided Max dismount and lead him back, he spooked and got away, ran back to the barn, had an accident that was catastrophic to rear hind (tendons etc) and was euthanized.

What an awful day.

Kim

Ugh. Thats horrible. I remember reading about him in a pony magazine on how great he was at jumping and how he could lick the big horses. They even just came out with a new Breyer horse model on him. What a strange accident.

Oh, that's AWFUL!!
default_new_shocked.gif
Doesn't it sometimes seem like those bizarre things only happen to the best horses? RIP Teddy, the world will miss you!

Oh no! I remember reading the article on him not too long ago. So sad! He was a true champion!

Last edited by a moderator:
I feel a little better this morning, reading thru all the COTH responses and I was amazed at how many lives the little horse touched. What a loss!

Coth-Teddy condolences

Reading thru 27 pages actually helps. Apparently the O'Connors and P.Wynn (his breeder) hae been reading thru them as well.

Kim

[SIZE=12pt]
default_no.gif
How horrible. I worked with Karen and David in the past, at clinics in Texas. They are both amazing people and my thoughts and condolences are with them at this difficult time
default_no.gif
[/SIZE]

What a sad loss!
default_sad.png
His amazing success should give the people breeding NSP somthing to aim for!

Latest posts

Back