Horrible Accident

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MeadowRidge Farm

Reaction score
Please say a few prayers for my next door neighbors. There was a horrible accident there last night. Gail, our neighbor was out working her horse when I went pass there farm, we waved, that was about 6pm, about 7:15pm, we heard alot of sirens going and then the rescue squad took off. The squad building is only one road over from our farm, so we can hear it every time. It seemed like they barely turned the sirens on, and they shut them off, so we knew it was close to us. I live 20 acres off a main hyway, so we thought a accident. Found out early this morning, Gails husbands' bull got out, and Gail went to corner him on horseback, at the far end of the field, which is only about 20 acres from us. She was on her cell with her hubby, and apparently he was going to shoot the yearling bull calf. (still not sure why he was going to shoot this yearling) anyways,she told him to go ahead and shoot, he shot and the bullet hit/killed the bull, and somehow went thru the calf and also hit and killed Gail. Everything is under investigtion. She worked as a dispatcher for our sheriff's dept. I feel so sorry for what her family is going thru. She left behind a husband, a 17 yr old son, and a 14 year old daughter. She worked with the 4H kids alot and there horses. Her and her daughter loved there 5 horses and there dogs. I sure did lose a good neighbor. So , please if you have any prayers left could you spare one for Gails family. Corinne

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh my that is horrible. Was he shooting from far enough away they needed to be on cell phones? Well I am sure you do not know the answer to that. I am very sorry for her family and kids.

What a bizarre and tragic accident. They are certainly in my prayers.

Jan

How horrible
default_sad.png

I am not sure where he was shooting from but they only own 40 acres, and there house is in the middle along with the barn. So I would think it was from that area. My guess would be about 20 acres away from each other I am going over tomorrow (today all the family members are there) so maybe I will find our more.

Oh my.....I am so sorry to hear of this tragic loss. I feel so bad for her family, and for you guys for losing a good friend. I will say a prayer, and light a candle for Gail tonight.

Keeping her family in my prayers. What a horrible tragedy.

Oh no what a freak accident. Prayers for the family and also yours to be strong for your friends.

God bless

That is truly awful!
default_new_shocked.gif
My prayers for the family and all who know them.

OMG......The poor man must be going through h*ll.......My heart and prayers go out for him and their two children.

Oh my goodness, that completely knocked the air right out of me. It is such a terrible thing to have happened. I know that husband is devastated and the kids, just let them know that we are praying for them.

OMG
default_new_shocked.gif
That is horrible!! I can't imagine why they would be shooting it in such close range to homes and other properties, let alone with someone else out there within range and direction of the shooting. That is just terrible... I just wonder what happened and feel so awful for the family and what they must be going through.

So sad. I will keep the family and their friends in my thoughts and prayers.

:DOH! Oh my gosh! That is terrible! That poor family must be totally devastated. Sending my prayers and condolences.
default_sad.png

How very sad...sending prayers. When I started reading the story I was expecting that the bull had hurt someone when it got loose, I never expected the tragic result that followed. What a very freak thing...they will all be in my thoughts.

Oh my gosh Corinne! What a horrable accident! I'll definately keep the family in my prayers!

Leya

Prayers for the family and friends of Gail. What a horrible tragedy.

Barbie

Latest posts

Back