Hoof Boots and/or Glue Shoes?

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Megamini

Reaction score
Has anyone tried the Hoofwings hoof boots? Has anyone tried the Epona glue shoes? Are there any other hoof boots or shoes that would be suitable for driving on a gravel road?

My 38" tall mini gelding gets sensitive hoofs when I drive on the gravel dyke after it has been recently graded. After lots of bicycles have travelled on the dyke a nice clear pathway emerges and he is okay until it is graded again and the entire dyke is gravel. The ocean scenery is beautiful and it is by far the most safe place to drive so I need to find some way to make him more comfortable. His hoofs measure 2 7/8" wide by 3" long (on weight bearing area).

Any help would be gratefully received!!

100_3537.jpg
I like glue-on shoes if you can get the perfect glue to make them stay on.

I've lost quite a few of them because of the glue. They due tend to wear a little bit though.

Have you tried Venice Turpentine? It toughens up the soles. Good stuff.

I presently have my quarter horse in Easy Boots for healing some feet problems.

I have had the original Easy Boots in the past and they are crap, don't stay on for nothing.

But now I have one of the newer models Old Mac G2 and they are staying on very well, providing great protection and he can walk, trot, canter in them just fine without them feeling bulky. Made a believer out of me. This old dog learned a new trick. Visit the website and view all the models and you can find the right one for you.

http://www.easycareinc.com/education/whatboot.aspx

Last edited by a moderator:
Has anyone tried Equi-Thane Super Fast I bought some and was going to use it to make a shoe for my mare. Actually she needs a swedge shoe so I have not used it yet. I have a problem with her wearing her toe down too much so she needs to be forced back on her heel because she was not trimmed properly for quite some time. Problem is I can't find the shoe I need.

Latest posts

Back