Driving Boots, Anyone Try The Dog Hunting Boots?

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rubyviewminis

Reaction score
I have read all the threads posted on driving boots here for the last 4 or 5 years, an I have used the Build-A-Bear myself. I don't have dogs I have cats so I never thought to look into this. My chiropractor was out yesterday and he asked some questions, then since he has dogs asked if I ever looked at dog hunting boots. I did today http://www.gundogsupply.com/gray-bark-n-boots-grip-trex-individual.html.

I was really surprised at the way these were made. They look like what a Build-A-Bear boot would be after I cut the expansion strips, and stuffed the toe with a cut tack sponge, and the sole looks durable for a hoof. They look promising to me, or at least worth trying one to see if it would fit, stay on, and not rub. Anyone try them, or looked at them?

I have another type and brand I saved that is a slightly different make. In these transfered pictures you can't really see the tread tho. The bottom and toe are made of tough recycled tire rubber, with a nonslip surface. My Davis soaking boots are almost exactly like these, although way, way to big, even the smallest size.

frontof dogboot.jpg

backof dogboot.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Back