Homework help

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Enchantress

Reaction score
I'm currently taking a Business class and have been assigned the following question:

"What image of America do you think is portrayed by its movie industry?"

It was in reference to the WTO ruling against China stating they needed to basically allow the United States access to market US movies in China.

I don't really follow movies so I was hoping you guys might be able to offer some input? There is no right or wrong answer, I'm just trying to gather information so I can process it and answer the question. You're more than welcome to PM me if you don't want to post your opinion publicly.

Thanks for any help!

When it comes to American movies and their representation of life in our Nation, if I were not already an American, seeing what most movies portray of American life would make me wish I lived here. I have to figure that American life, and the movies that depict it, look very attractive to the citizens of most other Nations. It's hard to really get my mind around how American life would look to people as oppressed as those living in communist China.

Last edited by a moderator:
I feel really stupid, because I'am not sure that I understand the question properly. I certainly wouldn't answer Jurassic Park, (thats a joke), Maybe "Marley and Me." We americans love our dogs. Some body help me out and let me know if I understand this question as for stating a movie made in America or not. Are you asking about an American life syle? I'll need some more time to think on it.

If other nations are afraid of their people seeing our movies then they are worried about their people believing in things that are ficticious and over dramatized. I would hope no one would base their ideas of this country on what Hollywood puts out. The majority of movies are not realistic.

I agree with Wade. I'm getting ready to go feed my guys before it gets dark, and one pops into my head, "Wall Street" with Micheal Douglas. It would be great if it were TV shows, cause "IN the Middle" and "MOdern Family" come to mind. I'm sure more is to come, bear with me.

This is the last post, I promise, don't think I'm crazy but this film comes to mind. It is an animated film, I think it may be by pixar. "UP" I starts out in youth, and exihibits a dream, Two people fall in love, just like anyone around the world, they have a vision and a dream. Life gives them obstacles, just like everyone, and then one of them passes. The remaining man forgets the dream the vision until a younster shows him the way. He takes all that is dear to him to fulfill the dream, the vision, along the way he feels that he most save an endangered species, it is a bird, but Americans feel they must save the world, get the picture. His dream, or vision seems impossable, but still he believes and trudges forward. In the end he reseaches his goal, just like in America. Hope this helps, I'm done! Terry

Back