Home from Mothers Day Trip, Gift

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Frankie

Reaction score
For Mothers Day my daughter got me and my son a trip to Hollywood FL, where she and her husband and my new grandson went as well. It was my first time meeting him and he is sooooooo special. He is the most beautiful baby, really!

I live in IN and they live in NY.

She got us straight through plane tickets. It was so nice not to have to change planes and waste most of the day in the air or at other airports. My son has hydrocephalous and she knew it would be better for him. He did great. Got a headache from the pressure change but it was gone in a few hours with Advil. Flight there and back was very smooth and even ran early.

We get to the airport and their is a driver standing there holding our name, how cool is that! She decided she did not want us to try and find a taxi and depend on him getting us to the right place. So she hired us a driver.

We stayed in a Westin on the beach, it was awesome. I have never seen the customer service this hotel gave. Can't decide if it was because of my daughter, she works for Sheraton in marketing in NY, they own Westin. I don't think so as they were great with everyone. Had raw fish for the first time, don't like it, but I wanted to give it a try. My daughter had fresh flowers brought to my room each day.

It was all so very nice, but I didn't need it, just wanted to spend time with that baby. He loved the pool, but was afraid of the ocean. I was happy just playing on the floor with him.

Happy to be home, all animals did great! The girl who took care of the horses just LOVES Misty.

The bad part, last night someone stole my small bag when we were at supper, in it was my camera with all the vactaion and baby pictures, also my blackberry, room key and some money. We left this morning so didn't have time to go back and do them over.
default_no.gif
default_sad.png
Some pricey things to replace, but won't be doing it soon.

My daughter is going to send my a disk of hers, but we didn't take the same pictures.

Not going to let it ruin my trip, the time I spent with the baby can not be taken away.

Thanks for letting me share.

Last edited by a moderator:
I am so glad to hear you had a wonderful trip!

Sounds like you had a wonderful time Carolyn. Time spent with family is always so special ESPECIALLY when there is a grandchild involved.
default_wink.png
I'm sorry someone got sticky fingers. It's such a shame that we must chain everything to us so someone doesn't feel free to take it. UGH!

Latest posts

Back