Homade Jumps

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jessica H

Reaction score
Anyone have any ideas for jumps to make at home? I can't spend $100 on those jump stackers...although I would love to have them! :bgrin

Thanks

Here's mine

course.jpg

gate.jpg

water.jpg

brush.jpg

Maybe for us challenged people ya all could tell us WHAT the items are you used??? Pics are great LOVE to do that myself ....but would love knowing is it pvc ? or ???

Gracie those are PVC and step in electric fence posts, old paint cans filled with cement, lattice, rubbermade under the bed storage box. Do a SEARCH you'll find TONS of ideas.

Mine are very similar to Whitneys but the "feet" are different, I use plastic flower boxes for brush boxes, I'll get pics for you.....Kathy

jumps003.jpg
jumps002.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Cans of boo boo paint can be picked up cheap at the paint stores and you can get coloured plastic tape at the dollar stores to liven up your plain jump rails.

About those jumps, is there somewhere I can find information on regulation heights and width?

Thanks, Tamarack

Wow guys, thanks! I have some great ideas now!
default_smile.png

Whitney - That's a really good idea to use the rubbermade! I would have never thought of that. I also loved how you used the lattice!

You always want to use "Schedule 40" PVC if you use PVC. It is stronger and more resistant than the regular stuff. It's safer since it's less likely to shatter when hit by your Mini.

Another safety feature to keep in mind is that the poles need to be held by cups so they can easily fall if hit. If the rails cannot fall easily, your horse can seriously hurt his legs if he hits them.

The AMHA rulebook states the jumps must be 5 ft in width and heights vary depending the class. Hunter jump 18-24" and jumpers start at 18-28", but can go to 44" in later rounds of the jump-off. AMHR jumps are 12-24" for hunters, but jumpers can go up to 30" in the second round.

There are lots of decorations ideas if you look through the jumps on our site. www.MiniDreamsProductions.com

Latest posts

Back