"High Risk"Mare on cam testing ready

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Eagle

Reaction score
At long last I have my high risk mare Britt on cam on Marestare. She has lost her last 2 foals during birth as she is very sneaky but hopefully this year with the help of the Aunties I will be able to catch her.

Please take a look when you have time. She will be out for a few hours during the day when I am at home but I am in europe so you guys will probably be in bed
default_laugh.png

Thanks everyone

Last edited by a moderator:
I'll certainly help watch her when I'm home. Best of luck this time with her, I hope this time turns out perfectly for you
default_yes.gif

The cam page is coming up for me but there's no pics coming through, is it working for anyone else?

Thanks everyone who took the time to take a look. She is not going to have a live foal on her own so I really need all the help I can get. This will be her last chance so I pray that all goes well. She will never be bred again so it would be wonderful to get a little filly from her but as long as it is healthy I don't care.

Her bag is growing nicely and she is 332 days today.

Thanks again

Renee

bumping this up as it's more important than some of the things that happen on our forum. Hoping for the best with your mare
default_yes.gif

Thank you Genie.
default_please.gif
help me watch when and if you have any spare time. She is growing a nice milk bar so it wont be long now.

Just checked in ,she looks pretty content eating. Why is she High Risk ? Has she had Red Bags? I hope everything goes well for you. I have one at 326 with a full tight bag and one at 346 with almost no bag. So I am up a lot watching them although I do have Foalert which has never let me down. I had one foal at 354 days on Wed. I sure hope these two don't go that long.

Thanks for checking Wish. Yes she has lost 2 foals at birth as she is very sneaky. I don't know if it was because she is Rhino positive but my vet said it could be due to the fact that she is so small and pushing the foal out could have caused a red bag birth. Hopefully this year I will be able to help her now she is on cam

Britt was restless last night and she pooped loads. Her butt muscles are starting to relax and she is working on the milk bar. Not long now.
default_aktion033.gif

Watching her she does look a bit stressed. Has she got a companion with/near her - was just thinking thinking that she was restless due to looking for her friends. She does need to calm down a bit or is she normally like this? Any sort of stress will not help her have an easy relaxed birth. Just wondering - hope you don't mind my asking.

Anna

Yes, Anna,, I agree that she is not happy being alone but My barn is too far from the house so I had to make a decision. Leave her with her friends or bring her home and put her on cam. I slept in the barn for a month last year and I still missed her foaling. I have the kids and hubby and the otther animals to look after so I can't be with her 24/7. I chose to bring her home so that she can be watched and hopefully I will be able to help her foal. Not a perfect situation but I think it is for the best. The weather is bad so she is stuck in but when it stops raining she will go out in the garden and that cheers her up. We have a mule in the pen behind her and they do talk sometimes.

Sorry everyone, I went out to lunch and the internet went down. She is outside getting some sunshine now but she will be back in an hour.

Eagle,

I've been watching when I get home from work. That translates to about 9:00-10:00p.m. your time. So most of the night hours I'm trying to help watch. I think when I have to go to bed it's about 4:00 in the morning your time. Here's hoping and praying that with all the eyes she will have a heathy foal for you.
default_aktion033.gif
:yeah . How is she today?

Pretty mare with a beautiful head!

Wishing you a successful easy birth!

Latest posts

Back