High protein oatmeal

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sfmini

Reaction score
Mad Hectic Oatmeal, has a few different flavors. Has Whey protein, dried fruit, omega 3's. Takes a minute to nuke and is really, really good. You can order it at Mad Hectic Oatmeal and if you enter the coupon code of BARIATRIC you get a $1.00 off your order between now and the end of the month.

I was given a bag as a Christmas gift and just LOVED it!!!

14 grams of protein, 6 grams of fiber and 840 mg of omega-3 per serving. 250 - 270 calories per serving. I've had the rasberry almond and chocolate rasberry so far and am hooked. Been eating it every day for breakfast.

Mad Hectic Oatmeal, has a few different flavors. Has Whey protein, dried fruit, omega 3's. Takes a minute to nuke and is really, really good. You can order it at Mad Hectic Oatmeal and if you enter the coupon code of BARIATRIC you get a $1.00 off your order between now and the end of the month.

I was given a bag as a Christmas gift and just LOVED it!!!

14 grams of protein, 6 grams of fiber and 840 mg of omega-3 per serving. 250 - 270 calories per serving. I've had the rasberry almond and chocolate rasberry so far and am hooked. Been eating it every day for breakfast.
How many grams of sugar per serving?I am really making a serious effort to reduce or eliminate sugar from my diet since I have lost 63 lbs in the past 2 years and am working on losing more and keeping it off.I have totally changed my way of eating but I LOVE oatmeal.

I get Trader Joe's Quick Cook Steel Cut oatmeal... it microwaves in about 6 minutes. It has nothing but steel cut oats in it, so I can add protein powder or nuts or whatever. It's really yummy!

Andrea

Bevann- If you google Mad Hectic Oatmeal you get their website. It has the ingredients and nutritional info listed. Suger amounts are different for each flavor, but from what I see seem to range from 6g to 11g per serving.

Here are more tasty sounding breakfasts.

Mug Foo Young

PER SERVING (entire recipe): 150 calories, 0.5g fat, 629mg sodium, 8g carbs, 1g fiber, 3g sugars, 27g protein -- PointsPlus™ value 3*

This may be the world's BEST egg mug. No kidding...

Ingredients:

1/4 cup roughly chopped bean sprouts

1/4 cup chopped mushrooms

3/4 cup fat-free liquid egg substitute (like Egg Beaters Original)

1 oz. cooked and chopped skinless lean chicken breast

1 tbsp. chopped scallions

1/2 tsp. reduced-sodium/lite soy sauce

1/2 tsp. dried minced onion

1/8 tsp. garlic powder

2 tbsp. fat-free chicken gravy

Directions:

Spray a large microwave-safe mug with nonstick spray. Add sprouts and mushrooms and microwave for 30 seconds, until slightly softened.

Pat dry to remove excess moisture. Add all remaining ingredients except gravy. Gently stir. Microwave for 1 1/2 minutes.

Gently stir and then microwave for about 1 minute, until scramble is just set.

Gently stir. Top with gravy and microwave for about 10 seconds, until gravy is warm. Dig in!

MAKES 1 SERVING

Mexi-licious Egg Mug

PER SERVING (entire recipe): 221 calories, 2.25g fat, 798mg sodium, 28g carbs, 4.5g fiber, 4.5g sugars, 19g protein -- PointsPlus™ value 5*

One can NEVER have too many Mexican-inspired b-fast recipes. This one is an enchilada scramble for uno!

Ingredients:

2 tbsp. chopped onion

1/2 cup fat-free liquid egg substitute (like Egg Beaters Original)

1/4 cup fat-free refried beans

2 tbsp. canned diced green chilies (not drained)

One 6-inch corn tortilla, torn into bite-sized pieces

1 wedge The Laughing Cow Light Creamy Swiss cheese

Optional topping: fat-free sour cream

Directions:

Spray a large microwave-safe mug with nonstick spray. Add onion and microwave for 1 minute, until slightly softened and warm.

Pat dry to remove excess moisture. Add egg substitute and gently stir. Microwave for 1 minute.

Gently stir. Microwave for 30 seconds, until scramble is mostly set.

Gently stir in beans, chilies, tortilla, and cheese wedge, breaking cheese into pieces as you add it.

Microwave for about 45 seconds, until hot. Gently stir and, if you like, top with sour cream. Enjoy!

MAKES 1 SERVING

I love oatmeal this time of year. Will be checking the suggestions out. I prefer & do better on a high protein breakfast. sfmini the egg mugs sound yummy & easy going to try those too. Thanks for sharing.

Latest posts

Back