Hi Yall! Update & lets talk about reiencarnation (sp)

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Intexas2stay

Reaction score
Hello everyone. I have been computerless awhile, mbut I am back. I am doing well. SUrvived the hurricane, decided NOT to get married, called CPS, and am doing wonderful! Special hi to Reo, Marty and Bcody!!!!

WHat have I missed? Anything?

Ok so I have an interesting situation on my hand. I am christian. But is there such things as reiencarnations?

I had a cat, spanky, fed him from a bottle from the day he was born. Had him almost 10 years. We had the kind of human animal bond you only read about. Two years ago, after being an inside cat all of his life, he started doing everything he could to get outside. He had been acting a bit ill. He got out and was never seen again. He witnessed me lose my other bottle baby, witnessed me lost my family, and I think that he knew he was sick and couldnt bear to me witness his death. I soon lost my final cat, a few months later. It was a terrible time of loss for me. in 2 years I lost my entire life, through animals to my friends and family.

Fast forward two years. I have spent LOTS of time with animals since my loss of life as I knew it. Have gotten new ones. I have 3 cats 3 dogs and a bird. All of my jobs were with animals. And I never ONCE came across an animal that touched me in such a way as spanky. He was nicknamed PiddlePot, because he left them all over. He slept on my head, every night for his entire life. I would say "Panky, get in your pot" and onto my pillow he always went. He also had bad skin, his hind end was usually bald, it itched him badly. I have ached for him ever since I last saw him.

I move to Port Aransas, and start working at a local groomer. She had just given away a dog, a cho. lab female, 2 yrs old. Well I think it was my second day there working the new owner brought her back because she couldnt keep her. My BF is into labs and wanted one so bad, so I basically took her home that day for him.

From day one she has prefered me over him. And over these weeks we have gotten so close, as close as spanky and I were. And trust me, I have always hoped I would get spanky back.

Heres what I realized last night. Hershey, thats her name, has bad skin and is almost bald on her butt. Its always itching her. And now she was always an outside dog before I got her. Shes house broken,but leaves me big spots sometimes. And the clencher, for some odd reason this 60lb lab, has to sleep on my pillow everynight. SHe actually tries to curl around my head. I never taught her or let her. I have NEVER let a dog sleep in the bed. Well she has from day one. She has her "pot" and its on my head....

Creepy or wishful?

DO you think she could be spanky reiencarnated?

Do you have a story to share?

I would be honored if Bonnie would post what she thinks!
default_laugh.png

My thoughts...and these are my own are that some spirits are meant to continue to experience more until they are grown.

But instead of being entireties or wholes they are like water

and like rain wash down and into a big pool of sorts

and when its time this "water" will be ladeled out into its new vessel.

When ones with shared essence are in the world they have a tendency to seek each other out.

This is why beings whether they be animal to animal, animal to human or human to human sometimes have a profound bond right away because they share some of the same essence.

Where did this come from?

Being an artist one would expect one to paired with unusual dreams.
default_yes.gif

Our 3yr old harl boy, Rooster, is very much like a harl boy we had named Baron.

Baron left us not long after Rooster (& the rest of his litter) was conceived.

Rooster is the only one of the litter with eerily similar personality characteristics.

I am glad life seems to be on the upswing for you. I know you've gone through a lot of hard things. That is also super that you have a new dog that you have a wonderful bond with. That said, no, I do not believe in reincarnation. I simply do not see anything in the Bible to support this idea. In Hebrews it says, "It is appointed unto men once to die and after this the judgment." So, that pretty much eliminates that possibility for people. I believe the part of man that is eternal is part of being created in the image of God. Animals are not created in God's image and I don't believe they are eternal. That would eliminate the possibility of reincarnation for them. My advice would be to enjoy your memories of Spanky and enjoy your new bond and time with Hershey (love that name for a chocolate lab).

I love hearing other peoples views on things like this. Helps to open my mind to the thought that its not all black and white.

Well I have a good story
default_smile.png

My younger brother (who is now 19
default_new_shocked.gif
) was born after a difficult birth, my mother had to push him out in almost one crazy push as he was stuck and in distress. He had brain hermorages and some other stuff. They also found a defect with his heart. Any way we bring him home and within days.....

my mom had set him in the sun (he was jaundiced) and my grandmother and me were going to keep an eye on him while mom took a shower. We checked the baby, he was fine, then my mom just had to check one more time before the shower. She found him NOT BREATHING! He was just about gone, but she did cpr while 911 was on the way and she got him going again. Thank GOD my mom is a nurse.

Remember the heart defect? Well he had to under go experimental surgery at 2 to close a tube from lung to heart, patenductis somethinger or other??? This experimental surgery worked great and was a wonderfull alternitive to open heart surgery which was his only other option.

SO on the the weird part. This boy with his near death experiences, from the time he could talk, would ask about his other family.

Where are they? he would talk about his other mom, dad and one sibling. When we asked him about them, all he could remember was a fire, that was the last time he saw them.
default_new_shocked.gif

I'm a Christian and I believe that there is more out there than we may ever know. I also believe it takes more than one lifetime to learn all of the life lessons you need to know. And, since animals are God's creations like we are, we are all one great family of living beings that will end up in the same place at time's end. At least I hope so, a heaven without animals would be... not heaven. Maybe I'm part Buddist... That being said, I have encountered a great many people and animals in my life that I feel as if I have known before. I get Deja vu a lot. And when I was a very little girl I remember having vivid dreams of being an elderly man, wearing a brown tweed jacket, walking with a wooden cane. I was holding my grandson's hand as we strolled along a wet street and he jumped in puddles and thinking how much I loved the little boy and that this may be the last time I could walk with him. I would be sad when I woke up. When I grew older, I no longer had those dreams, but I haven't forgotten them.

I know that reincarnation is real. I've "felt" my past lives. My ex studied in Bangalore, India (he was from Australia) when he was 14 to 18. The day he went there, he said he felt like he was home. He would walk around the corner with his mom and know that there would be a little shop there etc. Very neat.

I'm another believer in reincarnation.........with stories too.

I've had what are now called "spontaneous" regressions, like Matt's ex did. One in Russia and two in England. This was way before the term was popular, or probably even Coined.

Larry and I have two pets right now who we both feel we have owned or had in our lives before. I'll just share one of them right now....mostly because the description is less complicated.

About 20 years ago I had a very special cat who had two litters of kittens. (She died from being poisoned by someone in the neighborhood, but that's another story.) One of the kittens, my parents adopted. He was a long haired gray and my mother named him, "Murphy" because he had a big "M" on his forehead. Everyone in the family loved him.....He was a very friendly PEOPLE cat....and big. Both of my parents passed away, so my younger brother took Murphy for the last 3 or so years of his kitty life.

Fast forward to about 6 years ago. My daughter and I were shopping and stopped into Petco. It was a Saturday and one of our local shelters had a display going on with animals available for adoption. For some reason I was pulled to a cage with a big 2 year old long haired tabby in it. An attendant saw me speaking to the cat and pulled him out and plopped him my arms. The big guy was instantly purring. NO! We did NOT need another cat! I went home and couldn't stop thinking about him. After about an hour of fussing to myself........I even got onto the computer and looked up information about his breed........He was a Maine Coon.

Well, I gave in, and told myself if he was still there when I got back, then we were supposed to get him. He was still there. So, I adopted him. He is still here and probably doubled in size! (Turns out Maine Coons don't reach full maturity until about age FIVE.) After I got him home, it was obvious to me that there was something "familiar" about him. I would stop and look into his face and ask him, " I KNOW you. WHY???"

About a year later my younger brother and his wife came for a visit and met our new addition, "Homer". My brother, David, picked the cat up and loved on him for a minute, and his mouth dropped open and he stared at me. (David is not religious and does not have any specific beliefs, as far as I know.) He said in a shocked voice, "Hey! Sis! This is MURPHY! You've got MURPHY!"

I swear a softball had landed between my eyes and I felt like -- DUH! It made perfect sense. My mystery was solved. I have no idea WHY Murphy came back to US.......but my brother pulled it all together and I think he's right.

DominoandFamilyJanuary2008001.jpg

I'm new here, but just couldn't pass this up. As a Catholic Christian, in all my reading, it seems that the early Christians had no problem with reincarnation until a certain council came along and forbid it. The church was to call the shots after that for what a person could believe. And also decide what writing made up our bible.

I can't help but believe in reincarnation. The spirit NEVER dies. All of life contains the spirit of God (what ever your definition of God is) human, animal, plant etc etc. So I have to think, where was I before this life and where will I go aFter this body dies?

I also don't believe that God is an old man with a beard in the sky. That would be making God into our image. It's the Spirit of God we're fashioned from. I hope I'm not sounding "preachy". I don't mean to be. I've lived with animals of all kinds all my life and I have always looked into their eyes. That spark of life is in all of us, human and animal I believe.

Hi Nicole!
default_saludando.gif
default_wub.png

Yes I believe, and I KNOW.

Welcome Texigal!
default_smile.png

MA your story brought a tear to my eye.

Welcome TEXIGAL!!!
default_saludando.gif
I agree and appreciate your post. The Council you refer to was called the Nicene Council in Rome and was one of two where the Bishops gathered and decided what was to be edited from the Bible. And you are right, just about every reference to reincarnation was removed.

REO -- Did you notice there's an "M" on Homer's forehead too?
default_wub.png

Hi Nicole, nice to see you again! I believe in reincarnation, I also believe one of my dogs has been with me before, very strongly feel this way.

my thoughts are simple. there could be nothing or anything after this life . i just try to bne the best person i can be each day. be better each day. some people cant understand that . they say you dont beleave in nothing. and i say no there could be something but i dont know what if ther is . and i am not going to live my life like a what if . if me being the best person i can be each day doing the best i can is not enough so be it

its really what ever keeps you going is what you should prob beleave

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm a practicing Buddhist so say no more lol
default_smile.png
Just rub my tummy hahahaha

Miniv and Reo thanks for the welcome!;) I'm very new at this. I probably should have found a "introduce myself" place first? Was just reading and came across an interesting subject and jumped in. What a subject! Makes a person think about who they may really be or where they came from etc. There's even some scriptures in the Christian bible that I think they overlooked to take out. I've talked to and read about people who think we incarnate many times with the same group of people to work out our salvation. I love the idea that we can try to improve and correct our many mistakes of being unloving. I know I need it!

Wow! I missed that a while ago. "Homer" does have an "M" on his head! What a clue, huh?

Hey there gal how are ya?

Ok reincarnation.

Well I will say this: If I thought for one moment that my son would come back as a child belonging to someone else, as desperate as I am to see him again, I would spend every second of every single day searching the world over for him and claim him as mine.

If I thought for one moment he would come back as "something" else, that would completely send me over the edge forever.

Nope. reincarnation is out of the question.

Thanks everyone. Seems many do believe. I am interested in knowing more about the parts removed from the bible about reiencarnation. My sister will know. I do really feel that Hershey is riencarnated my spanky, and I have a hunch, a new kitty of mine was also an important cat in my life. How interesting.

Latest posts

Back