HI, im new to forum

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ponyboi09

Reaction score
Hi every one, im 14 and will be soon turning 15. i currently own four horses, a blue roan filly, a red roan filly, a black and white minimal marked pinto that is currently pred to a very pretty cremello overo, and a sorrel leapord appaloosa stallion. the last two i mentioned are not currently in my possesion but they will be here next wednesday!!....i want to become a very successful mini app breeder. i have had minis for two years and i will be having my first foal this spring. im looking for all advice that will lead me to become successful at raising minis. All my horses are AMHA reg. they are all under 30" (i like the small ones)

Will

p.s. i will be trying to upload a couple photos of my horses soon
biggrin.gif

Welcome from NewZealand! great to have you here!

Welcome to the forum from New Hampshire!

I have four as well; one 32" AMHA chestnut gelding with a flaxen mane and tail, one smokey black 34" AMHR mare, one bay weanling colt AMHA/AMHR should stay under 30", and one bay AMHA/AMHR weanling filly that will be under 34".

Welcome to LB and I hope you enjoy it here. Can't wait to see pictures

Welcome, from Michigan
smile.gif

Pictures... you need to have them uploaded on a photo storage web site, like photobucket then take the URL from there and either post the link in your reply box, and it will show up a link, or to post as a picture click IMG (Above, near size, color, font ect..) Delete the http:// that is in there and paste your url link in the box. Make sence? Im horrible at explaining things
rolleyes.gif

Hello and welcome to the forum from the bluegrass state of Kentucky
aktion033.gif

ok...well here is the main question....what should i do to prepare for foaling and what tips do yall have, is there anything i can do now to insure an easier birth, she isnt due until spring but it excites me to have a pregnant mare on my lot and i want my first foal to come into this world with the best of chances
biggrin.gif

Welcome from Utah, I'm sure you'll love it here and get lots of help with your questions. I'm not a good one to answer your foaling questions though since I only drive, trick train, and breed my stallions. No mares on this end LOL.

Hi and welcome to the forum!
saludando.gif

Always exciting to have a new little foal on the way! Probably the best thing you could do is have a foaling kit on hand and read some books on foaling. One good book to read is "Blessed Are the Broodmares", then there is another one called "Blessed are the foals" both have good information in them.
smile.gif

Hi Will
saludando.gif
Welcome from Ohio....hope to hear more from you & see pictures of your Minis.
yes.gif

Welcome to the forum. This is a great place to learn.

Josie

Willow Springs Farm

Parkersburg, WV

www.willowspringsminis.com

Hi Will!
saludando.gif

Welcome to the forum! I know you will love it and you will learn so much. There are a lot of great topics on here about foaling that will probably be really helpful to you.

Nice to meet you,
biggrin.gif

Jessica

P.S. we'd love to see pics!

hey everyone, thatnk you all for your warm welcomes. i hope to learn as much as possible here. now i have a question for some of yall.

i want to know if i did the right thing for color purposes.

i want to become an appy producer. i had a sorrel and white pinto stallion that i loved, he wasnt much of a looker but he was the most easy goin stallion i have ever seen, i would trust him with any small child before i would allow my mares. But i convenced myself to trade him. i bought a leapord app in hs place. i thought that with my two roan mares that i could get some beautiful little foals.

do you think i did the right thing?

Welcome from Southern Oregon! Color is the hardest thing to predict IMO, especially with appy's.....even when they're born you won't know for a few years what color they'll end up being! I love leopards though....if I were breeding appy's that's the pattern I'd be looking for! Good Luck!

Ohio Welcomes you!

I have a total of 6 horses.

3 minis (2gelds, 1mare *in foal*)

2 ponies (1shelt/haflinger cross *in foal*, 1 40' shetland)

1 APHA(now AQHA as well) 6month old filly.

I hope you have fun here ..nice place.

Leeana

Latest posts

Back