Hi, I got a laptop in my hospital room :)

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

iluvwalkers

Reaction score
Hi, I guess I really need a driving mini now! I had an accident friday the 15 and fell onto pavement. I was sent to the closest tauma center which is 3 hours from me. I broke 11 vertebrae and broke my pelvis in three spots. I had surgery on the 22 and was transfered to a rehab center yesterday. The Drs. say I should be walking by Christmas. I am non weight bearing on both legs for 10 to 12 weeks then I can start to try to walk.

I has been a long 13 days. The pain is now somewhat under control. I was givin this laptop to use but I am havivg a hard time to see and type. I had also lost vision in my left eye but it is back but not right yet. Thank goodness I had a helmet on!

Anyway just wanted to get on to see what i have missed and could use a few prayers
default_smile.png
. Nikki

WOW ......you rest up and get better...will add you to the wed prayer circle for sure.............you sound so optimistic ...get well..............

NIKKI...OMG, I am so sorry
default_sad.png
I was thinking about you today and was wondering what you found out about your horses eye's.. WoW..that is so terrible and yes you can count on me for sending you healing thoughts & prayers
default_yes.gif
: I sure wish we lived alot closer. You take care and watch that lap top like a hawk....things have a way ending up missing in hospitals(we need you to have that). I wish I could help you...if there is you let me know. I'll send you some new pics of Abbie when I get them back....that should put a smile on your face. Sending a squeeze your way....I'll chat to you soon
default_yes.gif
: Teri

Oh my God, :eek: I'm so sorry that you got hurt. You will been in my prayers for a speedy recovery...

If you ever need to just chat, I'm a PM away..
default_yes.gif
: I remember what is was like being in the hospital for a long time.. I didn't have a computer.. Please take care and get to feeling better..
default_wub.png
:

default_pray.gif
: coming your way.

Glad to hear you can keep in touch, Xmas is just around the corner.
default_wink.png
:

Been there done that.......that's why I down sized to minis.

Anyway hoping you a really speedy recovery
default_yes.gif
:

default_wub.png
: Hugs and prayers coming your way!

default_wub.png
:

Bonnie

Definitely prayers, healing thoughts & best wishes coming from me to you! Definitely hang on to that laptop--having that should make your hospital stay a little less boring. It will surely be no fun at all being laid up for so long, but I'm glad the prognosis is good for walking again.

There is surely a driving mini in your future! :lol:

Holly

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't have time to read this forum often but my goodness I feel for ya! Aren't ya glad for the forum and the computer to help pass your time? I can't imagine being laid up so long but it sounds like it could have been much worse. I do hope your eye sight improves quickly for you. We sold a couple of minis to a girl that is a high school senior this year. She had a four wheeler accident and broke her pelvis. Her doctor told her no more horseback riding either. So she sadly had to sell her Quater horse but in turned has two minis that she is enjoying and also training one to drive now. As they say, when one door closes another always opens. Best wishes for a speedy recovery! Lavonne in Iowa

Ouch!! I feel for you. Had several surgeries on my leg and each time had 12 weeks non-wt bearing. You lose a lot of muscle tone. I finally discovered the pool at our local YMCA. Had a lift chair that put me in the water...I used a water belt and was non-wt bearing but still able to keep some muscle tone. My injury was also coming off a horse and the big reason why I switched to minis. Good luck with your recovery.....I'm glad they brought you a lap top!

First of all.........I just gotta say OWWWEEEE!

Second of all........sending you healing prayers this evening......

MA

Oh my goodness! :new_shocked: Prayers being sent your way!
default_pray.gif
:

Take care and God Bless...

I'm really sorry to hear of your injury.

As I get older, I find that I have a much stronger (don't want to call it fear - but it's the next nearest thing) to falling or being thrown. Perhaps "caution" is the best word for it.

Hope you steadily continue to improve and are on your feet as soon as possible.

OUCH! Bless your heart. Hope you heal real soon!

OUCH!!!!! Having daylight between you and the horse isn't fun ,I know...I'm 57 and got dumped a few weeks ago, after 18 years of staying on....I wasn't hurt but my pride sure was.....So I decided it was easier on the old body to do the minis and have fun driving....Plenty of prayers heading your way and keep your chin up...

((((HUGS)))) and I'm sending prayers your way for a speedy recovery.

That is my hubby's biggest fear, that I will be thrown on pavement.

OMG Nikki!!! :eek: You poor thing! Bless your heart. I'm sending prayers and healing thoughts your way. I hope you heal up FAST. I'm worried about your eye sight/head. Please feel better soon! {{{{Hugs}}}}

OMG Nikki, Yes, OF COURSE, loads of white light and healing, plus prayers for your ongoing recovery.

Dare I ask how the horse is??

What on earth happened??

Oh no...I am so sorry for this terrible accident. I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers.

Latest posts

Back