Hey! Moms and grandparents of little kids!

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Marty

Reaction score
I have Christmas on the brain as usual because if you know me, I live and breathe Christmas 365 days a year and that includes that I do listen to Christmas Carols every day of my life too and I plan and budget for it all year round.

So if you haven't begun to think about it, here is one of my Itty Bitty Tippys for stocking stuffers for little kids and you need to start doing this now.

As you know, stuffing a Christmas stocking for a kid can easily become a major gift expense but it doesn't have to be. One of my favorite things to do is to order the stuff that comes on the back of their cereal boxes. How many of you actually read the back of those boxes to see what they have to offer? Those little toys they have can't usually be found anywhere else so your little kid will be the only one of his friends that has one. They are cheap as can be, usually only needing to send in a couple of bucks and a couple of box tops. Sometimes they are free. This way you can fill up a Christmas stocking for a little kid dirt cheap.

And for the all time cheaters out there........when you go to McDonalds without the kids, order yourself a Happy Meal and stash the toy......use it as a stocking stuffer too.

Soon as they put out the Back to School stuff in the isles of Walmart and the Dollar Store, grab some fun markers and little note pads and stuff like that too.

This has been a public service announcement
default_saludando.gif
default_saludando.gif
default_saludando.gif

Marty your so funny....I can imagine you sitting at home listening to Silent Night and Jingle Bells and having Jaws lurking around on you television set!! Ive got to come visit that mountain of yours!!

Marty, you are a girl after my own heart! i have several Christmas presents already bought and ordered another one yesterday! its easier on my budget, and yes, i pick up things people say they want and then forget about in 6 months, so SURPRISE! i love it!

I have always enjoyed giving kids "things to do" like the pens and pads you mention. Dollar stores can be great for this as well as school supply sales.

Happy Christmas in July! jennifer
default_saludando.gif

Thanks for the great ideas Marty. I wish we were neighbors as I'm sure you'd be a fun one.
default_biggrin.png

Thanks for the tip Marty!

Something that I've also been doing is stocking up. The Dollar General here in town occasionally puts stuff on sale for up to 90% off
default_new_shocked.gif
I've got over $500 worth of stuff in my closet, good stuff too, and I've paid probably less than $50 for it all. We're talking throw blankets (that was an awesome bargain, 90% off), Christmas stockings, sock hats and gloves, perfumes and lotions, and lots of other stuff. I've been stocking up since last Christmas. My mom thinks I'm crazy but I'll bet she won't be griping when I have all of those goodies to give out!

Tis the season to be looking for great buys as stores are in a bargaining mode right now due to the economy. Here's a hot tip - Sears and KMart have set up their Christmas aisles already. You can go, shop and put on layaway now and have it paid for by Christmas!

Kind of a cool idea, not unique, but we haven't seen too much of layaway programs for ages. (Just Wally world I think)

You go Stephy, atta girl.

Sears and KMart have set up their Christmas aisles already.

You have GOT to be kidding me!!!!!!!!!!!!!
default_new_shocked.gif
default_new_shocked.gif
default_new_shocked.gif

Hey anyone doing any Christmas crafting right now?

I'd love to be working on some projects but I can't seem to figure out what.

And for all those out there that need a little Christmas in July here you go!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=65vI0gAVtx0

Back