Hey Ce ...

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JumpinJackFarm

Reaction score
"Sheath Cleaning" ???
default_biggrin.png

I have only read about this a few times and never had to maintain my Jack's sheath in the past??
default_laugh.png

But?? Zepps penis seems a little "crusty"
default_rolleyes.gif
and dried out feeling when I pinched it ...to feel it...because it had a funny look...

Ok, I wasn't molesting him or anything like that ??? LOL

Is this normal for his little spotted "Pinky" ?

*I can show you a picture
default_biggrin.png
default_biggrin.png

default_biggrin.png
:DOH!
default_wacko.png
Teri..only you would have to ask me this question.
default_rolleyes.gif
If its crusty feeling and dried out..yup--your going to have to go up in there, and get him to drop,(do you know how to do that??
default_biggrin.png
) and clean it. Donkeys usually dont need it done as often as a stallion, in fact they hardly ever do. I usually just put a old sock on my hand and use warm soapy water, and clean it.
default_biggrin.png
if you dont clean the junk off it could build up and you can have problems, sometimes it can be painful and can block the flow of there urine too.Usually when I have to do that LOVELY job... :DOH!
default_no.gif
if its really bad, I drop them and put mineral oil on there penis, then let them for a few days (2-3) and then clean them again, with the warm soapy water..the mineral oil, loosens everything up and the junk falls right off. But, you dont want to clean them to often. Another little trick I leaned, alot of stallions and jacks will drop if you take a really soft brush or a light curry, and run it down the inside of his back leg, kind of "tickling them" TERI, be nice..I can read your thoughts! HAVE FUN...and I will be thinking of you
default_wub.png
Ce

Last edited by a moderator:
I dont have a donkey but I do have 2 geldings, a mini and a full size horse. I was told to use ivory soap(very mild) wear rubber gloves and get to cleaning! I have to tell you when I decided to get boy horses I NEVER thought I would be doing this!! :DOH!

I couldnt get my big horses to drop down I kept rubbing his belly which I was told will make it come down. After much rubbing (his belly) I leaned up against him so my boobs were rubbing against his side, well Hello, guess what came out!! I said "he is a typical boy-he likes boobs!!
default_aktion033.gif

[SIZE=12pt]they make sheath cleaner but aloe vera gel with some tea tree oil works good. many won't drop with out a little sedative. if he doesn't you might have to just feel around and get it the best you can and try to rinse up in there with a turkey baster with warm water (no jokes please...lol) in the summer we use the hose up "there" oh and wear a glove, some of that gunk is pretty stinky and hard to get out from under your nails
default_smileypuke.gif
, he still young so hopefully it's not too nasty up there
default_biggrin.png
, have fun...oh and for practice check for a stone...hehehe...good luck and let us know whatcha find
default_unsure.png
. Basketmiss, maybe i'll try that next time and they won't need any sedative to relax "it"...Nikki[/SIZE]

OH MY !!!

I had no clue that I would have to do something like this
default_rolleyes.gif
Oh NO!

How Funny! BasketMiss ...unfortunately I don't think Zepp will notice my boobs
default_no.gif
default_biggrin.png

It shouldn't be too hard catching him with it down ... he wears it this way a lot
default_rolleyes.gif

Oh Nik... I am sure Majors cleaning is a chore
default_wink.png

:DOH! I was afraid that we were supposed to clean donkeys as well!

Since I have the smallest hands in the family they make me do the horse's...

Max is my little man so I guess it is my 'job', does your hand fit up there....

I'll wait for spring now
default_aktion033.gif

i've been lucky with my donkey boys, so far <knock on wood> not one has EVER needed cleaning from me... and i haven't owned any horse geldings for years until i got Oz this summer... oh well i never minded doing this any way. we were so lucky with my first two geldings, they didn't mind at all, we could even stick the hose up in there LOL. but Nikki is right, that stuff likes to make camp under your fingernails
default_smileypuke.gif

Latest posts

Back