Here we go again ! ! !

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Stacy Score

Reaction score
With a beautiful blanket of SNOW ! ! Yes, it is really, really pretty, and at about 8" is plenty - I am suspecting that the power will go out yet again and with all the snow it will be quite awhile for them to get to the downed lines & get them fixed -- please keep you fingers crossed that I am wrong.

The drive home was a nerve wracking 5 hours of sheer ice and cars & trucks jack-knifed all over the place and in the ditch. I was happy to get home "un-bumped" into and to get food and water to all the animals with actual lights rather than flashlight power!

I'm thinking that somewhere sunny and warm would feel pretty good about now.

Hope all you other NW'ers hang in there - check in please and let us know how you are doing.

Stac

OMG Stacy...you have had such a rough fall/winter so far up there!! We, so far, have been lucky in that most of the weather has just "knicked" us. Tonight, tho, I am sure it will become very icy, since the roads were wet when the sun went down and it's supposed to get very cold overnight. If that happens, I am not going to work (which will be nice...LOL), so I am not complaining too much! However, it needs to warm up wnough for Tracy and I go to the hospital for her mom (see back porch thread).

Sorry to hear about your horrible ride home Stacy! I woke up to quite a bit of snow and bailed on work...bailed again today too after watching the news :no: I just don't want to be commuting more than I'd actually be working! We got a good amount of snow too...and it snowed off and on all day yesterday. Now of course it's just all frozen! I did get a picture of our front field...and we took the puppies out for their first snow experience (which they LOVED).

Stay warm everyone!!!

Tracy

1-10-07003.jpg

puppies41-10-07.jpg

puppies51-10-07.jpg

hey i have a GREAT idea! :aktion033: :aktion033: you can come and live with me in the "winter" (it has been 70+ here all week!) - and then when it gets to be 110+ here in the summer, I WILL COME LIVE WITH YOU!
default_rolleyes.gif
:
default_rolleyes.gif
: do you think we could get away with only working half the year on each end???
default_wink.png
:

seriously, hope you all make it through this crazy weather OK. it IS supposed to drop almost 20 degrees and rain on us for the next two days... unless they change the forecast AGAIN
default_wacko.png
:

I packed an overnight bag for work yesterday and everyone thought I was crazy because there was no snow in Kirkland (there was 2-3" at my house.) Well, by the end of the shift they were singing a different tune! :lol: I was the only one prepared to spend the night, which four of us did. Luckily we have a sleep lab down the hall and when we have to stay we get to crash in the hotel-like suites over there. We even get private bathrooms, a shower, and complimentary soap and shampoo! :new_shocked: :aktion033: I figured I'd never make it into work today if I went home and I already missed enough time during the last snowstorm. I didn't want to spend four hours driving the 15 minutes home only to turn around and do it again in the morning when it was icy.

Things don't seem so bad out there right now from my little walking tours, but I bet it will be awful tonight. Stay safe everyone!

Leia

l love the puppies in the snow so cute. We just got out of a blizzard that happened late night Tuesday and lasted till around 8 Wednesday night and this morning it was a really cold -37C when l went out to feed. Roads are still blown closed l haven't seen a car or truck for 2 days.

Last edited by a moderator:
Heh Stac, How about sending that stuff south of you instead of East so we can escape it. LOL Really we do need the moisture and are much more used to the snow then you are. It is getting super cold here which I don't like at all....below 0 :no: Don't seem to bother the minis much and they are in thier barn at night. Ahhhh for spring to arrive! Mary

With a beautiful blanket of SNOW ! ! Yes, it is really, really pretty, and at about 8" is plenty - I am suspecting that the power will go out yet again and with all the snow it will be quite awhile for them to get to the downed lines & get them fixed -- please keep you fingers crossed that I am wrong.

The drive home was a nerve wracking 5 hours of sheer ice and cars & trucks jack-knifed all over the place and in the ditch. I was happy to get home "un-bumped" into and to get food and water to all the animals with actual lights rather than flashlight power!

I'm thinking that somewhere sunny and warm would feel pretty good about now.

Hope all you other NW'ers hang in there - check in please and let us know how you are doing.

Stac

Sorry to hear about your horrible ride home Stacy! I woke up to quite a bit of snow and bailed on work...bailed again today too after watching the news :no: I just don't want to be commuting more than I'd actually be working! We got a good amount of snow too...and it snowed off and on all day yesterday. Now of course it's just all frozen! I did get a picture of our front field...and we took the puppies out for their first snow experience (which they LOVED).
Stay warm everyone!!!

Tracy

1-10-07003.jpg

puppies41-10-07.jpg

puppies51-10-07.jpg

Tracy, I hope you don't mind. I JUST HAD to print off the first picture of your puppies to frame and put on my wall. I just love it. It is so cooooooooooooooool. Thanks for showing us.

Hi everyone...we woke up to about 2 inches of the white stuff this morn in North Bend.

the sun was out most of the day and melted most of it.

It is starting to get a bit breezy as well
default_unsure.png
:

I am so paranoid now about week long power outages :eek:

Our generator is still right outside the home and fully loaded with gas. (ready to go)

LOL...there were gas lines on Wednesday here.....everyone was topping off their tanks.

Everyone at the hardware stores were buying batterys/candles/lanterns/kerosene etc...

We think a little different these days in Washington State
default_wink.png
:

Stay warm everyone ~ Teri

Oh man, I am so tired of this. I have not even started excercising my fat self or my fat stallion for Sea Tac.

I had to white knuckle drive to work. It was icy and slippery and scary. Instead of 20 minutes it was an hour.

It is supposed to be 11 degrees tonight, and with the wind chill maybe down to -5. Yikes I hope all the people that don't have homes have somewhere safe to go.

Hang in there everyone - at least it isn't supposed to snow any more - and you have got to admit that the snow looks a LOT better than all of our MUD ! ! !
default_yes.gif
:

Tracy - those puppies are just toooo cute, geeze quit tempting me girl - you know I want one! My little dustmops (the sneeaky Havanese girls) went out this morning and promptly dissappeared under the 10" of powder - then they proceeded to tunnel all over the yard - it was a riot and they had a blast - came in covered with snowballs and now they all have learned a new word " snow toes" - that sends them into a frenzy of excitement heading to the door to go out and play some more -- gotta love our dogs!

Stay warm everyone, and if possible -- stay home and enjoy the beauty - I am afraid that all too soon our rainy weather will return and we will be in mud up to our knees.

Hugs to all,

Stac

Basset...I don't mind at all
default_wub.png
:

Stac...I can't help it...the little beggers are SOOO darn cute...I really do think you need one :bgrin

Tracy

:cold: bRRRRRRRR

It's 14 degress this morning here in North Bend.

As I was treading out to the barn this morning it sure was nice treading on frozen earth than that ugly mud.

I am sooooooooo burned out on mud
default_rolleyes.gif
:

Sure is a beautiful day though
default_yes.gif
:

Stay warm everyone ~ Teri

Brrrrr is right!

We received a good 3 inches of snow, which was just enough to be pretty, but it only warnmed up enough to ice up the roads, and it hasn't risen above freezing yet. Keith slid down the hill to get to work, where, like Leia, he has comfy accommodations in the day-stay unit if he gets stuck. Fortunately, we haven't lost power, and I work at home...

Our tiny dogs are completely traumatized,, but the horses and Ella are in heaven. While the snow was falling, I took Ella out...she lay down in the driveway and was soon covered in snow -- the abominable snowdog!

Unfortunately, the pool of mud in front of the corral gate has frozen solid, so the gate is firmly stuck. I had to feed and de-ice the water trough over the fence, and the barn won't be cleaned until Keith comes home to break the gate free.

Latest posts

Back