Helped my daughter birth Lab puppies

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Reble

Reaction score
Just wanted to share.

Ran over to my daughters around 5:00 p.m. last night and helped her and her husband birth Lab puppies.

Sierra had one just before 5:00p.m. and we sat there for 3 hours while she slept, daughter did not know when the first one was born was still wet and attached with afterbirth laying on the floor when she got home.

63 days was to be this Saturday.

I decided to give a shot of oxytocin and bam out they started to pop, after half the puppies where born, all of a sudden 2 came out together, never seen this before they where half the size of the other puppies, and one did not survive, one was not breathing could not get it breathing. They where together, maybe twins? the one was just gasping, worked with it for sometime, than put it by itself on a heating pad, gave it some honey they had on hand, and once it was strong enough put it on mom.

So 9 live puppies.

So finally left around 10:00 p.m. had a bit of a drive home yet. Was sure she was done. When I got home message another puppy, so the litter is back up to 10.

Than at 3:00 a.m. my daughter called me again and asked how many puppies did she have, I said 11 but one did not survive, so 10 puppies, oK I thought so she says there is another one so 11 puppies... Oh my goodness, sure hope she has no more.

Well this morning still only 11 puppies, 3 chocolates, 2 yellows and 6 blacks the mother is black and bred with a yellow lab. I believe 2 females the rest boys?

Amazing the different colours, another long time lab breeder told them that with a black mom will not have any other colours, well wrong, she did...

So who knows. she is making sure the runt gets on as much as possible. and sure hope she can handle all these pups. This is her 3rd breeding first time 8 puppies, second time 7 puppies and now 12 but one did not survive...

Will wait for a few weeks, to make sure all is well, than go back and take some pictures if anyone is interested, funny looking at mom all black and seeing so many different colours...

Thanks for letting me share, my daughter is 6 months pregnant and her and her husband are getting a taste of birthing first hand.

Last edited by a moderator:
Labs come in three colors: Black, chocolate and yellow. There are no such things as silver or white labs.

Black can hide chocolate and yellow. Think black horse.

Chocolate can hide yellow. Does not carry black. Think palomino. Chestnut with a modifier.

Yellow only carries yellow. Think chestnut horse.

Please tell me these dogs have all their clearances and tests.... three litters is a LOT of dogs.

Lucy

Labs come in three colors: Black, chocolate and yellow. There are no such things as silver or white labs.

Chocolate can hide yellow. Does not carry black. Think palomino. Chestnut with a modifier.

Please tell me these dogs have all their clearances and tests.... three litters is a LOT of dogs.

Lucy

Lucy
thanks for your reply and your opinion.

here is a site on more colours than black, chocolate and yellow.

they do have white labs?

http://www.goldenlightninglabs.com/
Reble

There are only 3 colours of labs recognized by the CKC and AKC and they are yellow, chocolate and black. I checked out the link you posted and they are just using the colours as a marketing tool, they can't be registered as white. Hopefully your daughter checked hips, eyes and heart before breeding Sierra. Love to see pics when you get them.

Yvonne

Lucy
thanks for your reply and your opinion.

here is a site on more colours than black, chocolate and yellow.

they do have white labs?

http://www.goldenlightninglabs.com/
Reble

There are only 3 colours of labs recognized by the CKC and AKC and they are yellow, chocolate and black. I checked out the link you posted and they are just using the colours as a marketing tool, they can't be registered as white. Hopefully your daughter checked hips, eyes and heart before breeding Sierra. Love to see pics when you get them.

Yvonne

Thanks Yvonne, no problem with my daughters dog Sierra.

There are NO WHITE Labs. The AKC only recognizes yellow, chocolate and black. Whites are just very light yellows.

White Labs

There are NO SILVER Labs:

Silver Labs

If you find people breeding for these colors run far, far away....

Lucy

Hopefully your daughter checked hips, eyes and heart before breeding Sierra. Love to see pics when you get them.Yvonne

Thanks Yvonne, no problem with my daughters dog Sierra.

Ah, no VISIBLE problems, but DOES she have her clearances?

Please, read this:

Just Labradors

I am not a Lab breeder, just one who loves the breed dearly.

Lucy

Congrats!!!! I can't wait to see pictures, the last litter was so adorable!!
default_biggrin.png

I bet they are cute! Looking forward to pictures!

Congratulations!

B.T.W. I have seen 2 ( one male, one female) of Sierra's pups from earlier litters that went to two nice homes in our area.

They really are magnificent looking dogs.

Congratulations!

B.T.W. I have seen 2 ( one male, one female) of Sierra's pups from earlier litters that went to two nice homes in our area.

They really are magnificent looking dogs.
Genie, nice to hear the puppies my daughter has sold are doing well.

Yes, they did sell 2 in your area.

I was just excited in posting on how many Sierra had and the different colours.

Thanks all for your nice replies
default_saludando.gif

Back