HELP!!!

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Birdmomjb

Reaction score
My old dog fell in to the graywater tank in the pasture she may have been there quite a while as I thought I heard a small noise out there several hours ago. went to the bathroom and heard it again and thought that some one might have droped off a puppy in the yard and went out to check.

I've brought her in and am trying to get her dry. What other measures can I take Pee is a 16 yo corgie shephard mix with the cougie hair so getting her dry to the skin is causing some trouble.

Put a blanket over her and turn a hair dryer on under it. The towel will help hold the heat in. Hope she gets dry soon.

Robin

Both breeds have coats that hard hard to dry due to the heavy under coat.

Becareful with a hair dryer you can burn their skin easy. A vacum cleaner on reverse can blow a lot of air down through the under coat and help dry it also. Make sure you are in a warm room since a vacum will not heat the air it blows. It may however blow out a lot of that undercoat and you will have hair every where.

Paper towels do better at pulling the water out then a regular towel.

As long as you are keeping her warm her she will dry out slowly. If you can put your hand in her fur and not feel cold you are doing OK evern if it is still wet. If it feels cold you need to warm her up more.

Jan, how is Pee doing? Hope you have her nice and dry by now.

Last edited by a moderator:
Bonnie Sweet Pea is still a little damp this morning and will not get off her bed. But not getting up when called is not new at 16 she spends a lot of time lying arround.

She stopped shivering arround 3 last night and is now awaiting her warm breakfast.

Any of my other dogs could have just pulled themselves out but Pea has that old age problem many of us have (she is FAT) and to make it worse think of corgi leggs on a shephard body. She gets high centered just getting in and out of the walk door in the barn.

Thanks for caring.

Jan

As I posted on the other thread...I would have her see a vet. Aspiration pnuemonia is something to be very serious about. As she splashed about thrying to stay a float she surely breahted in some water thus the illness. It takes a few days to set in but why wait...a vet can hear any liquid rolls in her lungs and get ger in antis quickly. Poor old sweetie.

Dimi, a vet today is not possiable. I have a 14 hr shift at the hospital. However I have started Pea on a dose of smz just in case. I am off Saturday and will have her see theen.

The tank is not deep she could stand in it but could not pull her short legged self out.

I don't know why the people who put that there did it makes no sense but like I said this house belongs in Martys old house post.

Latest posts

Back